RE:Black's Beach - trails ? Secluded areas ?

If you go past the Torrey Pines entrance, you will enter a pretty empty stretch of beach before you get to the gay section (North end of beach). Back in the day, the beach was much safer when the Blacks Beach Bares were active. Now just a few of us remain with nothing but memories of ice cream socials and a safe and friendly group. Some of the volleyball groups are VERY territorial and will not allow you to join them unless a woman accompanies you. The woman would be your ticket to admission and acceptance. Single males on that beach are a dime a dozen and for the most part are not really wanted. Gawkers will always be a part of that beach and nothing much you can do about them. That's why if you head to the empty part of the beach between Torrey Pines entrance and the gay section, you will have your own private beach and the gawkers are too lazy to walk that far so you will be away from them.

This post was edited
RE:Black's Beach - trails ? Secluded areas ?

Have a great time. Weather's been really nice.The further past the volleyball court, the more nudes you'll be surrounded by. It's a fun beach, just a little tough for my wife to get to and get back up to the parking lot. Bad knee kills the joy!I ended up sitting in front of the volleyball courts, so it was a good landmark. For some reason several groups of young ladies set up near me, so I got to see first hand the perv walks going by. After lying in the sun for an hour or so I did finally go in the water and it was a bit cold, even by New England standards. Then I packed everything in my backpack and walked down the beach to a non-descript white marker with yellow reflectors on it. This is where the beach patrol pickup turned around and where another trail in (from Torey Pines?) drops onto the beach so I turned around rather than go any farther. Then I walked back to the glider port stairs and got dressed for the climb back up Ay caramba! Mrs. J&C would not have wanted to go to the beach if she was in town with me.

Both Di and I have bad knees. Hers developed a little later in life and they were bothering her when we went to Blacks but she never complained about it. The narrow pathways on the main trail head made her very nervous. I used to carry everything! LOL

After a few years of dealing with that trek back up, she was in so much pain, the joy of the day at the beach dissipated quickly. Wasn't much fun going anymore.

Di and I used to get lots of university young ladies sit/layout next to us. Some of them said they felt safe around us. The perv walk was still there but they seemed to walk a little faster when there's a guy or two with the ladies.

Yeah... there are three ways down to Black's. The one you mention near Torrey Pines is supposedly the easiest but furthest. There's also a time frame to deal with depending on high tide times. The quickest is the main trail, then there's the goat trail between the main trail and the Torrey Pines path.

This post was edited