How much friendly touching in the nude?

Last weekend I was on a nude beach by a lake nearby to prepare my skin to the sun before the holidays. There was a group of 5 friends, 2 women and 3 men, standing and chatting. One of the women had laid in the sand and a lot had stuck to her backside so she asked one of the men to help wipe it off. He went with his hands, wiped her back, then asked "the buttocks too? (Laughing) Do you authorise me to "do" your bum?". She laughed and said "Sure, go ahead, do it well".

So I asked myself how much touching is OK from other people when in the nude.

In France, we kiss when we meet, including the first time. No, that's not a French kiss, we kiss on both checks. Corona has impacted this a bit but I saw that this tradition has persisted and I saw a lot of hello kissing on that nudist beach. I also do it, obviously, but I don't find it very intimate as there is zero touching other than of the checks.

I wouldn't normally hug a male friend when in the nude - it happened a few times when it was someone whom I knew well and the meeting was a surprise. But I will most likely hug most other girls if we meet, and if she is tall enough for me not to need to bend over it will be a knees-to-shoulder hug.

There is of course more touching if we need some sunscreen on our back. So if you are part of my group I would of course let you spread it on my back. I can do the buttocks and back of my legs myself but it's not a very comfortable operation so, if D is not around to help or can't be bothered and you seem to be an experience nudist I may let you do that part too. I don't find the buttocks to be very intimate, you can see them on any textile beach. For having put sunscreen on the butts and legs of a few girls before I know that you will likely see my pussy from close quarters but well. If I let you put sunscreen on my butt it means that you've seen it a number of times before so what's the problem. On the contrary, I would normally turn over for you to put the sunscreen on my frontal half only of you are a woman. There may be exceptions, if you are gay or we have spent a whole week together in the nude and got very familiar or something like that.

Dancing in the nude can be boring or can turn quite sensual. If you do the disco-style one step left and one step right I guess it's fine but I normally dance a bit more "creatively" so I will avoid it. As for dancing with a partner in the nude, I already told the story of what happened when I did it with an unknown guy, so I would avoid it. I'll do it with another girl or maybe also in exceptional circumstances like above and after a couple of cocktails, but don't bank for it. I know there are nudist clubs where they do it naturally and is part of the regular activities but to me it's a bit too intimate for comfort.

I also know that they do nudist massages and massage classes in some clubs. I think I also told the story of a nude massage I once paid for on a beach. I am a big massage junkie so I would probably give you my back side to massage, butt and legs included. Hell, if I feel that you know what you are doing I will probably also turn over. Of course no touching of the most intimate part and maybe no leg and hip joint manipulation until we know each other a bit better...

I don't know about nude massage schools, I would be reluctant to join onr. D is certified in both Thai (but that's not undressed) and Swedish/Californian massages. But I've always thought he did these schools to have the opportunity to touch young girls (it's mostly young girls who prepare for a career in cosmetics and middle-aged men who take these courses). He told me how it goes: you learn an hour-long sequence and do it on various colleagues until you do it well. But his was not a nude massage school - they were all supposed to keep small knickers on and the girls could choose whether or not they wanted to keep their bra on - most didn't.

So a 3-day nude massage school sounds like an excellent idea - half of the time you get free massage and the other half you learn how to give one. On the other hand, at least at the beginning, giving my body to touch to a bunch of unknown guys who have never done any massage before sounds a bit too uncomfortable for me. I would do it if say the first half was done within each couple until everybody learns how to massage and gets used to touching a body. But D already has a certificate so I would be alone there. I don't know, I guess I could be convinced if you have good arguments but right now I don't intend to join a nude massage school.

And you? When in the nude, how much touching are you comfortable to do and receive when in the nude and in what circumstances?

This topic was edited
RE:How much friendly touching in the nude?

We have skinny dipped various water falls n pools wile out hiking
Our friends have been well advised that we may go nude
So basically if your with us ...don't be shocked
Upon reaching one of our usual pools
We couldn't wait to get in
After a moment one of our female friends was struggling walking in bare foot as slippy and cold
She desperately asked for assistance
So I waded over and held her arm .. she lost her balance and just lept onto me
To fits of laughter
Eventually I gave her a piggy back to the waterfall
All laughing and totally fine
It was great fun ..absolutely nothing sexual
Although...it was beautiful.

This post was edited

Touching naked can be very gratifying for some, intimate for others and really nerve racking for beginners. I say it would depend on the context of the situation and who is wanting to touch you, or who you are asking to touch you and why. Asking someone to assist with sand removal or sun screen on you body would seem to be a reasonable reason for touching. The manner in how they proceeded would dictate whether or not you would ask again!
Some do not like to be touched, I myself have no problem in letting anyone touch my body. For a perfect stranger to appear and want to touch you would make most irritated. If you are part of a group and know everyone I would be open to touching of any kind that you asked for or were asked permission for. You know them and they know you!
Kissing at greetings is generally accepted naked or not. Dancing nude, although I have not had the opportunity to participate I would not mind touching of any sort proper for dancing, after all you are on the dance floor NAKED.
At a resort, you decide where and how much you are willing to be touched. You are on display naked, they are naked, a gentle massage or caressing with lotion would make my day! And please don't miss a spot! You would find I would be more than appreciative to reciprocate.
I say permission or willingness to be touched would be the rule for most.

This post was edited

I can't say I've had much experience in this area, generally being a solo nudist. When with family, though, I do warn them that application of sunscreen shall go a bit past the edge of their swimsuit, as it's better to overlap than underlap and leave a line of burnt skin. :-)

The only physical contact at the CO beach (where I visit alone) was when I was in a short casual conversation with an older chap. Without warning he reached to my back and brushed off what I presume was an insect. I was not ready for that and it took me by surprise, but no worries. I did wonder if it was for a brief human touch rather than an insect, but no bother. A different guy once suggested touching of a more intimate nature but I declined that.

No one at the CO beach has yet asked for assistance with sunscreen and I generally keep my visits to no longer than my skin can cope with while without protection.

This post was edited

Last weekend I was on a nude beach by a lake nearby to prepare my skin to the sun before the holidays. There was a group of 5 friends, 2 women and 3 men, standing and chatting. One of the women had laid in the sand and a lot had stuck to her backside so she asked one of the men to help wipe it off. He went with his hands, wiped her back, then asked "the buttocks too? (Laughing) Do you authorise me to "do" your bum?". She laughed and said "Sure, go ahead, do it well".So I asked myself how much touching is OK from other people when in the nude.In France, we kiss when we meet, including the first time. No, that's not a French kiss, we kiss on both checks. Corona has impacted this a bit but I saw that this tradition has persisted and I saw a lot of hello kissing on that nudist beach. I also do it, obviously, but I don't find it very intimate as there is zero touching other than of the checks.I wouldn't normally hug a male friend when in the nude - it happened a few times when it was someone whom I knew well and the meeting was a surprise. But I will most likely hug most other girls if we meet, and if she is tall enough for me not to need to bend over it will be a knees-to-shoulder hug.There is of course more touching if we need some sunscreen on our back. So if you are part of my group I would of course let you spread it on my back. I can do the buttocks and back of my legs myself but it's not a very comfortable operation so, if D is not around to help or can't be bothered and you seem to be an experience nudist I may let you do that part too. I don't find the buttocks to be very intimate, you can see them on any textile beach. For having put sunscreen on the butts and legs of a few girls before I know that you will likely see my pussy from close quarters but well. If I let you put sunscreen on my butt it means that you've seen it a number of times before so what's the problem. On the contrary, I would normally turn over for you to put the sunscreen on my frontal half only of you are a woman. There may be exceptions, if you are gay or we have spent a whole week together in the nude and got very familiar or something like that.Dancing in the nude can be boring or can turn quite sensual. If you do the disco-style one step left and one step right I guess it's fine but I normally dance a bit more "creatively" so I will avoid it. As for dancing with a partner in the nude, I already told the story of what happened when I did it with an unknown guy, so I would avoid it. I'll do it with another girl or maybe also in exceptional circumstances like above and after a couple of cocktails, but don't bank for it. I know there are nudist clubs where they do it naturally and is part of the regular activities but to me it's a bit too intimate for comfort.I also know that they do nudist massages and massage classes in some clubs. I think I also told the story of a nude massage I once paid for on a beach. I am a big massage junkie so I would probably give you my back side to massage, butt and legs included. Hell, if I feel that you know what you are doing I will probably also turn over. Of course no touching of the most intimate part and maybe no leg and hip joint manipulation until we know each other a bit better...I don't know about nude massage schools, I would be reluctant to join onr. D is certified in both Thai (but that's not undressed) and Swedish/Californian massages. But I've always thought he did these schools to have the opportunity to touch young girls (it's mostly young girls who prepare for a career in cosmetics and middle-aged men who take these courses). He told me how it goes: you learn an hour-long sequence and do it on various colleagues until you do it well. But his was not a nude massage school - they were all supposed to keep small knickers on and the girls could choose whether or not they wanted to keep their bra on - most didn't.So a 3-day nude massage school sounds like an excellent idea - half of the time you get free massage and the other half you learn how to give one. On the other hand, at least at the beginning, giving my body to touch to a bunch of unknown guys who have never done any massage before sounds a bit too uncomfortable for me. I would do it if say the first half was done within each couple until everybody learns how to massage and gets used to touching a body. But D already has a certificate so I would be alone there. I don't know, I guess I could be convinced if you have good arguments but right now I don't intend to join a nude massage school.And you? When in the nude, how much touching are you comfortable to do and receive when in the nude and in what circumstances?

Good afternoon. At the moment we re in the camping from Cap d Agde (we know you two are not big fans of campings) and through our french friends we ve met a few new people and it s true, even if we meet for the first time, it s always 3 kisses and when saying goodbye, ladies receive also a gentle tap on their butt( it s Cap d Agde after all). People we met and also us, we re pretty open to nudity, ladies and men alike, gladly present their new piercings but that s another discussion. Bottom line, as long as people are nice and well educated(not talking about going to school here), we re fine with nude touching, not an issue, but that s just us. Have a great day and greetings to everyone

This post was edited

My rule is, and has been, that if I do it clothed, I do it nude. So the select few of my son's friends who have gotten hello and goodbye hugs, still get them if we are nude by the pool. Same with my son. For those who don't know, they are teens, although now over 18.

This post was edited

Thanks for another very well written discussion question with good examples of the situations in which touching occurs.
The lines between what is considered casual/purposeful and sensual/sexual touching will naturally vary person to person, and indeed circumstance to circumstance. To take some of your examples...
- on a nude beach, if I'm alone, I will usually ask someone else (always male) to apply sunscreen to my back and shoulders. So I guess that means I have no problem with being touched in some circumstances by total strangers. Why only male? I don't want to come over as a pervy male if I ask a woman. And men on a nude beach are probably going to be OK with applying sunscreen. Of course on occasions my helper has been happy to move onto buttocks and thighs, and I've had no problem with that.
- I enjoy massage, nude massage, and have become quite proficient over the years. My first nude massage was many years ago at Byron Bay, when I booked an in-room massage. The masseur (I hate the word masseuse, which Americans tend to misuse the most) suggested I was naked and I had no problem with that, as she clearly didn't. It was purely a relaxation massage, with no sense of sexual or even sensual focus. She was professional, and the result was an excellent massage and a keen interest. I do nude massage exchanges quite often, and the sensual exchange is something I'm comfortable with. My partner also benefits as I use the skills I learn in giving her good relaxation and sensual massages.
- I regularly attend nude get-togethers, mostly male, and hugs in greeting or farewell are common and quite fine, as is a bit of playful touching.... sometimes.
This is another of those topics that highlights how everyone has different boundaries and the key thing is respect. Just because someone doesn't mind being touched doesn't mean they can touch someone else without checking. Respect. Thoughtfulness.

This post was edited

Conni, I couldn't apply your rule "if I do it dressed I do it naked". I don't think there are any rules for me, everything is contextual. When I dance it's quite sensual. If I do it in the nude, I'll attract attention, some of it undue, because of my boobs which will get a life of their own, because my arms will often be in the air and my back arched etc. I can't imagine dancing a tango in the nude with a complete stranger - it's a very sensual dance - uness who knows, it's part of some good fun after a few drinks... Context.

The opposite is true too: I wouldn't allow a male friend to squeeze my but or my boobs when dressed but I may allow him to spread sunscreen and even massage my butt when in the nude. And if he really knows what he is doing I may let him do my boobs too (although I don't remember this to have happened yet). I will also be quite reluctant to give a full body hug to a guy in the nude. I could of course imagine a playful situation, say a free nude hugs challenge but that would clearly be a game, not something sensual. I will of course be a lot more liberal with girls.

It goes without saying every touch needs to be consensual. Clear consent was also present in the example of my introductory paragraph.

For the guys of course, we are not equal. Most guys would happily touch and be touched by most girls, most girls would rather avoid being touched or touching most guys. Say we make an experiment. I and a guy lay on a towel in the nude on a beach and we ask single opposite-sex strangers to help us with putting sunscreen on our backside, butt and legs included. What would the success rate be? I guess for me somewhere around 80% and for the guy around 2-3%.

Remember the topic where I asked guys if happy-ending massage is sex and most said that no, it's only full relaxation? Of course this was the result not of reasoning but of rationalising: they like the result so much that they twist the logic to obtain it. Obviously, despite what you guys and Bill Clinton claim, when a girl (or a guy for that matter) simulates a sexual act with her mouth, boobs or hand to ejaculation this is still sex. Non-vaginal sex but sex however. Which doesn't mean it is wrong - who am I to judge what happens between consenting adults. And of course a happy-ending to a massage is the most innocuous form of sex - I'm sure that D has already got it and I wouldn't mind it all that much if he confessed to it after having one.

This post was edited

My rule is, and has been, that if I do it clothed, I do it nude. So the select few of my son's friends who have gotten hello and goodbye hugs, still get them if we are nude by the pool. Same with my son. For those who don't know, they are teens, although now over 18.

We agree. It s like some of our not nudists friends asked us what it s like being a nudist and we answered, we re just like you, but just we do everything being nude. It s simple as that

This post was edited

You know this is a good nudist question. Being a male I like being touched but I will show it a lot more that I am enjoying it then a woman. Asking to apply sunscreen, have asked people and helped apply. Never been a sexual thing except with the wife. Because the sunshine will get to those soft and fun spots, but should not go inside the body. The sand is a problem, never brush it off except with a towel. Hands have sunscreen on them and sand already. Oh now after the day in the sun we need the coconut butter applied. Thats a different story ! Sunshine and watching nude people all day it well get into those places that need some special attention. lol at least I hope.

Dancing is so much fun naked. I may not have danced a slow dance with any one else yet. But I would not be able to walk off the dance floor. Now dancing with other women has not been a problem yet, but it could come close to being a problem.

Naked hugs are great and should be a full hug. Being nudist we should it enjoy being that close. Even with men or women.

Massage should be with out a towel or a sheet. And trusting the person working on your naked body. I have shown that my body enjoys getting a massage. But that does not mean I want the happy ending. I dont complain if I get it. But I am there for the massage therapy. Sore muscles need help.

This post was edited

Flora,
Here is a friendly suggestion. You started a discussion question about the lack of participation of most female members in discussions. You CLAIM you would like more of us to participate. You speculated about possible reasons. You noted that I sometimes do participate, and in response to your request I commented on this topic. So instead of replying: "That's interesting Conni, I wonder what the other ladies feel about your approach?" You took the opportunity to elaborate more about YOUR beliefs and practices.

The "Discussion" section includes many topics, but no real discussions. What happens is you raise an issue, tell everyone what you think, and then a few male members comment briefly and tell you how wonderful you are. Have you noticed that they only comment back to you? They don't comment on any other points of view raised. You approach this group as if you speak for all/most women here. This includes your recent topic about why women reject friend requests. You made some good points, but you don't speak for me. Again, you could have answered BRIEFLY for yourself and then thrown it open for other women to respond. I would have gladly, but you don't leave much room for anyone other than you.

Of course, you get to run the group as you see fit. But please don't complain about our lack of participation, when you seem to prefer to speak for all women in the group and are happy to get responses only from your fanboys.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy