Penis or Cock

As a non-native English speaker I would like to know which word is used for a penis in the UK, the USA and other parts of the world. I found a list in the internet but it is not said which are commonly used:

dick
manhood
pecker
peter
prick
shaft
johnson
penis
phallus
rod
schlong
weenie
willy
wood

Which words are vulgar? Are some words used for kids? Which words are used by nudists?

This topic was edited
RE:Penis or Cock

I can appreciate the desire for understanding the correct linguistic context of such words. I'll take a stab at it for the US.

In the medical context the terms penis or genitals (thereby including the scrotum and the testicles therein) are used. Those medical terms would also be used in the most polite company if such an emergency arose that reference thereto was unavoidable. Willie and weenie are typically used for younger boys' members. As such the terms may be used in polite company if needed.

In less formal American contexts but not yet necessarily vulgar would fall: package (includes scrotum), manhood (may or may not include scrotum), and junk (includes scrotum). Johnson, peter and pecker used to be more common in this same context than they currently are,but they're certainly still in use. These last three all refer primarily to the penis. Wood or woody is for an erection, so more vulgar but probably the most polite after the medical term erection

Cock is vulgar but it's also used lovingly and lustfully in the bedroom. Dick is casually vulgar and used to insult a rude man, as in Don't be a dick. Prick is similar, but implies abuse of power and arrogance, and it never refers to an actual penis any more in my experience.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy