Inclusion of Males in Naturism Unaccompanied by a Female Partner

I ask that members of this forum please read my petition for greater inclusion in Naturist/Nudist activities, clubs, communities, venues and facilities here in Australia and if so inclined please sign it.

https://www.change.org/NaturistSoloMales

Since my divorce, making me a single male, and with old injuries and ageing I have sought to find safe and legal places and social groups to enjoy my Naturism. Id like to enjoy Naturist Clubs and Communities and meet other likeminded people, perhaps even camp or use their facilities. As a single man though, I have found that these places repeatedly fail to eventually process my application. The usual process goes along the lines of me being fobbed off over many months in what I believe to is their hope Ill just go away. I sought a way to verify myself as genuine and joined the Australian Naturist Federation (ANF) as a supporting member in the nave belief that this would help me make good connections with other Naturists and change my situation. It didnt. I found that even in the wording of how Naturism is spoken of everything is about opposite sex couples, families, and women. I believe a form of passive discrimination is being used to bar well-meaning and well behaved men from joining the affiliates of the ANF. One often used excuse is that women would be put off and feel threatened by too many men. Then why can these same ANF affiliates cater to the single male part of the Naturist Community with activities etc., using these same facilities and properties?

I thank you for your time.

This topic was edited
RE:Inclusion of Males in Naturism Unaccompanied by a Female Partner

Are there male only nudist venues in Australia?
There are in the US.
I agree with you that single males should be more welcome at mixed gender nudist locations, but going to a male only location should help in the meantime.
You also can go to public clothing optional beaches and other locations.

This post was edited

Are there male only nudist venues in Australia?There are in the US.

I believe there may be one or two, but this is a big and sparsely populated island-continent. I am hoping facilities and social activities can be extended using existing Naturist facilities and groups for even male only events and gatherings so we can all benefit in the Naturist community here. My observations lead me to believe that although we well behaved singles are here, there are no organised efforts to cater to our needs.

This post was edited

Thanks for starting the petition I have signed up.

This post was edited

I was always told nudists/naturists are some of the least judgemental and most accepting group of people you will ever meet. Not the case of you are a single male turns out?

Born nude
Born single
Only one is acceptable?

You have my signature

This post was edited

I was always told nudists/naturists are some of the least judgemental and most accepting group of people you will ever meet.

Alas, nudists are people, and with that comes all the usual baggage. It works both ways too. I guess we all need to be more aware of our prejudices.

This post was edited

Regardless of how many people sign a petition its always going to be much easier to find a partner willing to join a club with you rather than change the minds of the people running the club.

If you come back and say its impossible to find s naturist partner, then remember thats problem for you and not other people who run clubs.

This post was edited

I was always told nudists/naturists are some of the least judgemental and most accepting group of people you will ever meet. Not the case of you are a single male turns out?

That is actually a myth nudists are like everyone else so they have issues like everyone else and personal preferences like everyone else.

The single male thing is not simply a matter of acceptance for some venues it is a business decision. Not one I agree with but still. Let the market place work and visit places that accept singles and give them your money. My community happens to be accepting of single men whose behavior is in line with the venue policies. So thats where I landed. Started out with just day trips then overnight stays now membership.

This post was edited

The petition now stands at 100 signatures. Of course we hope most will be in and from Australia. But we have hit the first big milestone of these hundred.
The petition will hopefully be signed often enough that it can be presented to the ANF AGM electronically and verifiably in November, which is being held on 26th November 2022 at 10:00am AEST, at Savannah Park in Yeppoon QLD, and if not large enough by then, at a later date.
Some of you in this and/or other forum threads have stated that theres nothing to stop couples mounting their own petition to stop unaccompanied men from attendance. Thats true, but we achieve nothing by simply accepting our lot and complaining or doing even less. This petition is to try to make meaningful and positive change in attitudes, actions, and behaviours toward genuine naturist men.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

This post was edited

Good to hear that there is an intended body to submit the petition to. That wasnt clear to me.

This post was edited

I do hear you brother - as I too am a solo male (M), albeit still married to a wife who does not participate in this great nude lifestyle.

But I must say that I cannot sign the petition because I do not think this is the answer.

The reason why my wife will not participate in nude life is because with the excessive number of males she feels unsafe. There is no logic to this feeling she has, but she does feel it.

I personally believe that us M's have given ourselves a bad reputation and we need to work to overcome this.

So to me the answer lays in encouraging more females (F) to participate first. We need affirmative action that bolsters the F participant numbers.

I recently started a Group on here that gives membership priority to couples (M/F and F/F but not M/M) and solo females - there are currently 29 members in almost balanced ratio, but there are 55 solo M waiting to join. I tell them if they can bring a F or couple along I will accept their membership...so far only one M has been able to do that....

Its time for us solo M's to stand up and create a safer more inclusive nudie community for F's first - then we work out how to bring the solo M's back on in.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy