Update on Hurrican Nicole.

Canaveral National Seashore Post Hurricane Nicole Status Update
Canaveral National Seashore is slowly recovering from widespread damage due to Hurricane Nicole.
Visitors to Canaveral National Seashore should continue to exercise caution while in all areas where access is allowed.
The following areas will partially open Monday, November 14, 2022:
Apollo Beach (Boardwalks #2, 3 & 4-stair access only, Eldora Road open.)
With the safety of employees and visitors being National Park Services top priority, the following areas remain closed:
Apollo (Boardwalks #1, 5 & 6-backcountry hiking and camping are still suspended)
Seminole Rest is closed due to extensive flooding.
Playalinda Beach will remain closed until further notice due to severe damage.
The seashore remains under Incident Commander Chief Wayne Rybeck who shares, Please understand that Canaveral National Seashore suffered severe resource and infrastructure damage, especially in the Playalinda District. The safety of visitors and staff is my highest priority. We will share information with the public as it becomes available.
Please observe all closures and do not enter through closed gates. To stay up to date, continue to check the park webpage for alerts. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for @CanaveralNatlSeashore. Thank you for your patience.
The following photos are of the extensive damaging effects that Playalinda Beach, Seminole Rest and Apollo Beach experienced from Hurricane Nicole. Many parking locations are underwater and boardwalks are damaged.

This topic was edited
RE:Update on Hurrican Nicole.

Thank you for the update. I live on the inter coastal between Apollo and Playalinda. The amount of damage to New Smyrna Beach area is the worst Ive experienced in my 25 years. Combination of back to back storms with Ian especially hard on all the protective infrastructure we were pretty naked for Nikole. Pun intended.
Feel for folks that have planned vacations in the area. I suspect the public beaches will get priority to get back for guests. Theres a lot to do and November usually has some of the best weather. So bring your string bikini and come on down and flaunt it!

This post was edited

From the National Parks website:
"On January 3rd, Playalinda Beach, Canaveral National Seashore will reopen to the public, with limited parking and beach access. The beach and dune resources were severely impacted by hurricanes Ian and Nicole and have been closed since mid-November. The clean-up and restoration processes are ongoing and there is more than half of the seashore that remains closed. When Playalinda opens on Tuesday visitors will be able to access parking areas and boardwalks at numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 only. The road and beach north of parking area #7 will be closed to visitation for safety and resource protection. Walking on the beach or the road north of # 7 is prohibited to all visitors.

Seashore management asks that the public abide by all signage and not enter closed areas. These areas are closed for public safety and to preserve what is left of the fragile dune system. There may be large debris and buried hazards in the closed areas along with disturbed wildlife. Please do your part and stay in the open areas of the seashore. No backcountry permits will be issued at this time.

For up-to-date information on the prescribed burn visit the parks Facebook and Instagram page @CanaveralNatlSeashore."

Would love hear from anyone who gets a chance to visit. Pictures would be much appreciated!

This post was edited

Was there yesterday, Wed., 1/4. Beach at lot 7 is wide, warm and beautiful, and yes (unofficially) clothing optional north of the crossover and textile (clothed) south of the crossover. Steep drop-offs at the dunes, - like maybe 10 feet in some places, changes the overall appearance, but still a really nice beach and a great day had by all!

This post was edited

I hope the beach recovers. I was there in 1980 for several visits to the nude beach with my wife and was thinking about another trip down there.

This post was edited