Annoying person in a sauna

So I went to a Korean Sauna today with a friend to relax and unwind from our busy daily life. Its my first time to go to a Korean Sauna here in Toronto. If you read my profile, my first nudist experience was in Japan using their spa called Onsen. Basically, it is very similar to the Korean spa where male are separated from female. This place is a bit small but very clean. As usual, we got u dress on the locker room and entered the shower room butt naked. To the right was the hot tub and to the left was the steam room. When we arrived, it was just me and my friend and after maybe 10 minutes, people starts arriving. There were about 6 of us there and there is this one middle age man that is so annoying because he kept on looking on all our crotch area in an obvious way gawking. When me and friend decided to get out of the hot tub and go to the steam room, he followed us there and eyeing me up and down. We didnt pay attention to him and he left and went back to the tub. My friend asked me if I noticed the guy eyeing me and I said yes coz he is making it so obvious. He kept going back and forth parading inspite of us not paying attention to him. The place we went to is a family setting Korean spa and this man is obviously in the wrong place as you can tell from his actions that he is looking for sex. This kinda annoyed me and my friend bcoz of his attitude. We went there to spend time naked with other people and to relax and a one person like him kinda messes up the whole relaxation idea. Have anyone experience the same thing

This topic was edited
RE:Annoying person in a sauna

Yes it has happen at most places you can be nude, I have gone alone, with friends or with wife, there are guys that are there looking for action. The best thing to do is to ignore them and eventually they will go away. Granted during the period of time that these guys are been 'pest' you have to put up with them. Now if it gets to be more than you can ignore, then I usually will speak up and they do go away. Why they do it is simple, it's the only place they can actually pick up guys who are there for the same reason. As I said, it's any place that allows nudity, spas, resorts, beaches and nude yoga classes, some guys just feel been naked means sex is also part of it.

This post was edited

Thats what we did. We just totally ignore him and he went away. But for the whole 2 hours that he was there, he was being a pest to everyone else coz he keeps coming back and forth although nobody really paying attention to him. But seeing him gawking following anyone is annoying as hell. Thanks for your reply.

This post was edited

When ignoring the person didn't do anything the next step would have been to complain to an employee/manager at the spa. They are experienced in dealing with these situations.

This post was edited

I've had similar issues at our Korean spa and also found it annoying, in my case not only gawking but piercing stares. Apparently the spa has had a lot of issues with this, particularly after a local gay bathhouse closed down and patrons decided frequent the Korean spa instead. As a result, in order to keep it "family friendly," the Korean spa was remodeled. The steam room now has glass walls and individual benches, the relaxation room (which used to have a heated floor to lay on and cameras to monitor) now has wide vinyl chaise lounges made for people shorter than me. Worst of all, the lighting is now bright enough to see a piece of lint on your toe with trumpet jazz music rather than a relaxing spa sound. It's like using the play book from the 1970's fast food restaurant to make uncomfortable so people will go in and out as quickly as possible. As a result, traffic is down and prices are up: a death business spiral. I stopped going and I miss how it used to be.

This post was edited

I agree with Longisland that bringing it to the attention of employees will in nearly all cases resolve the issue however I do make an attempt to give the individual a chance to stop doing it before hand. In nearly all the times I did mention something, they would avoid me and my friends. Some would leave.
The spa here also did clamp down especially after the local police did a sting and arrested individuals for their activity which made the news. The staff kept peeking into the saunas almost every 5-10 minutes. It became more annoying then the individuals that would not stop staring and/or playing. The traffic also dropped though that those individuals that are there, were individuals that respected the spa for what it was. They did do modifications, took out the laying pool, removed seat in the dry sauna and removed half the stones to sit on in the wet sauna. It has made it more comfortable for those who enjoy the spas and sauna for the relaxation but still now a few years after the sting, there are a few that do still want to stare and/or stir up activity.
One thing to keep in mind, just like on here, a good deal of individuals do not appreciate what nudism is. They view it as access to sexual pleasure since that is all they've known that nudity is. Just do a google search for the words nudity, nudism, naturist. After a few links comes a whole list of sexual links. If you don't care to be an object of their sexual pleasure or you are uncomfortable, then you have to speak up and 'educate' them.

This post was edited

So I went to a Korean Sauna today with a friend to relax and unwind from our busy daily life. Its my first time to go to a Korean Sauna here in Toronto. If you read my profile, my first nudist experience was in Japan using their spa called Onsen. Basically, it is very similar to the Korean spa where male are separated from female. This place is a bit small but very clean. As usual, we got u dress on the locker room and entered the shower room butt naked. To the right was the hot tub and to the left was the steam room. When we arrived, it was just me and my friend and after maybe 10 minutes, people starts arriving. There were about 6 of us there and there is this one middle age man that is so annoying because he kept on looking on all our crotch area in an obvious way gawking. When me and friend decided to get out of the hot tub and go to the steam room, he followed us there and eyeing me up and down. We didnt pay attention to him and he left and went back to the tub. My friend asked me if I noticed the guy eyeing me and I said yes coz he is making it so obvious. He kept going back and forth parading inspite of us not paying attention to him. The place we went to is a family setting Korean spa and this man is obviously in the wrong place as you can tell from his actions that he is looking for sex. This kinda annoyed me and my friend bcoz of his attitude. We went there to spend time naked with other people and to relax and a one person like him kinda messes up the whole relaxation idea. Have anyone experience the same thing

This is a very common situation. I have experienced the same issue lots of times.

This post was edited

Unfortunately this is a thing especially in Asia. In their culture, they don't learn to "keep their eyes to themselves" or not "be creepy about it." Mostly I just ignore them but occasionally I remind them as a typical American asshole but not too rude but stern enough to stop staring so hard or cum over here and do something about it lol

This post was edited

I didnt see any description of the person their ethnicity etc who was staring and gawking just their behavior. That is what is important but assumptions are being made so maybe you can clarify. The behavior is definitely inappropriate.

This post was edited

I frequent a large, popular Korean spa here in Atlanta. Although the majority of my experiences have been pleasant, I have encountered the same inappropriate behavior on several occasions. Imagine their embarrassment when I say, "I'm uncomfortable with you consistently staring at me. I understand that probably some come here for that, but I come solely for the spa experience. Though impressive, please don't stare." They will move on. Unfortunately, this behavior is hardly unusual at spas. Try and ignore it, relax and have a good time. When it gets too uncomfortable and too personal, let them know and watch them slither away. I hope this helps.

This post was edited

This used to happen in the resident sauna of a building I used to live in.
We had a nice roof top pool, hot tub and suna set up. This one particular older gentleman 9It always seems to be of a certain age group for some reason) would look thorugh the sauna door window directly at your penis, stare, and then leave, only to be back 2 minutes later and repeat.
Luckily in the sauna all the seats faced the same way so at least you didn't overtly notice his constant side glances.
Best to ignore, or even better, call it out in my opinion.
Creeps hate being outed as creeps.
Good luck mate.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy