It's winter in the country & COLD!

Unless you've been in the Caribbean or the like, you know that it's cold out here in the states. Worse yet, if you live in the country, it is probably colder than the local metro areas. That's what's happening here. So, what do you do? First & most obviously, your outside nudity has been severely curtailed; next you've got to protect your stuff from the low, low temps. Here in north Florida, we're forecast to see 17'F in the morning & I think that's too high. I've never seen it that cold down here, ever! It might set a new record, but more importantly, what do you do around the house? I'm no expert, but I've put insulating foam on all the exposed pipes & hose bibbs, left all the outside water dripping, have the inside lavatories dripping, covered the garden plots with plastic tarps (probably useless), taken all the house plants in the shop, placed light bulbs (continuously on) in the shop, placed a light in the pump house, checked the anti-freeze in everything and washed all my long underwear! That last one is important. That is all I could think of to do. They're already experiencing power outages down here so some folks already have it rough. If you have something to add or a humorous anecdote, please feel free to add to the story. Next week, some of us will be in repair mode, either car or house and it might not be quite as funny. We'll have to see. Good luck and all you really brave ones post pictures of your snow angels!!

This topic was edited
No replies yet.