Note Wickr Me is shuting down December 31, 2023

Wickr me is not taking any new users as of December 31, 2022.

We'll need to find another encrypted service soon.

If anyone knows of one let us know, thanks
igobare wicker me handle
tannaked

This topic was edited
RE:Note Wickr Me is shuting down December 31, 2023

Unfortunately, it's true. Wickr is not signing up new users from January 1st and will be shut down December 31. There are couple of pretty good alternatives though: Wire, Telegram, Signal or Session.

This post was edited

You have been misinformed about telegram and its security. telegram msgs are in fact cleartext msgs, not encrypted, esp group msgs. all cleartext like sending a postcard. telegram gives the illusion thats it secure. it is in fact not the case. also, if you use telgram from desktop, again zero protection. ypou want private secure msgr, look at wire, signal, session, simplex chat, jami, or cheogram (xmpp) or conversations client (xmpp). check out https://www.securemessagingapps.com/

This post was edited

Thanks for posting this. I'm moving to session and wire, and would welcome contaacts from anyone here who wants to keep in touch there.

This post was edited

If you do 'secret chat' on Telegram, it's encrypted.

This post was edited

I'm on telegram. discord, skype and session (And i guess on wicker until it kicks the bucket). Send me a PM if you ever feel like chating and I'll give you my contact info.

This post was edited

I m reading this every year... It still works...!

This post was edited

Sadly it not working longer.. if you having an account it works but I must reset because I lost my password and I can not start again

This post was edited

Ive not been able to start a profile on Wickerme in a couple of years. I suspect it will be closing down December of this year for good. I have had success chatting with people on telegram using the same username that I use on here and Ive heard that its encrypted if you go into a secret chat. if anybody wants to hit me up there I am using the same username and I do chat open about anything and everything

This post was edited

are you on any of the newer encrypted sites?

This post was edited