RE: are you happy with your kayak or canoe

Well, we got the call that our new canoes are in. Ubfortunately, we won't be able to pick them up until next weekend as the dealer is 3 hrs away. So, we're going to make a half nudified weekend out of it with a visit to Gunnison nude beach at Sandy Hook on Saturday and pick our boats up on Sunday.

This post was edited

sounds like the best of both worlds

This post was edited

sounds like the best of both worlds
Actually the day was a triple header. We went to Gunnison in the morning where we met about a dozen Truenudist members at Snugglebunny's TN meetup. We left around noon and headed south to Brick NJ to pick up our boats and then on the way home stopped at nudist friends' house for a skinnydip in their beautiful pool. It was a long but great day.

This post was edited

My wife and I put the new Mad River Solos in the water yeasterday for the first time. What great boats and what a great day. We paddled up our favorite lake for a mile or so and then up the stream about 1/2 mile which serves as the inlet for the lake. There is a very nice spot there to beach the boats on a sandbar, shed your clothes and worries and lay in the cool runing water. Skinnydipping at it's best. We head back there today

This post was edited

natravellers that is a nice canoe, i was looking at a solo canoe the other day at sporting good store, do you enjoy it as much or more than your kayaks, before i boughtmy kayak i was leaning toward a solo. your picture reminds me of my nude spot i go to but i don't have any good spots to pull my yak on as most of bankis muddy or drop off from bank, i usually have a spot about knee deep in the middle of thesteam that i get out of the yak and sit in the water to cool off. great picture hope you both have fun in your new rides...

This post was edited

natravellers that is a nice canoe, i was looking at a solo canoe the other day at sporting good store, do you enjoy it as much or more than your kayaks, before i boughtmy kayak i was leaning toward a solo. your picture reminds me of my nude spot
gabare, I think the Mad River Solo is actually faster than my kayak which is not a high performance boat; just a recreatioal yak. I absolutely love these canoes. My wife and I did just buy yak style paddles for them made by Bending Branch specifically for canoes. The paddles are called Solo Impression. They are beautiful paddles. Pricey tho. I did get the hang of the J Stroke pretty quickly and had no problems keeping the boat straight and at a good speed. My wife did get the hang of it however the constant twisting of her body was starting to take a toll on her back so she wanted the double paddles.They just arrived a few days ago and we're going to try them out tomorrow. Hopefully I'll post some pics.

This post was edited

i am again looking at a old town guide 119,it's a solo canoe 11'9'', weighs 43# and can carry 500#. this is what i had looked at prior to my kayak. the reason for the canoe is i don't enjoy fishing from my kayak and i think its because i sit so low, plus when i sunbathe i can stretch out more, i don't think i'd get rid of my yak but i'm still thinking and i'm a boat nut besides the yak i have a small fishing boat and want a sit on yak and a sailboat. maybe i need to get rid of the yak go with the canoe andgeta outrigger and a mast and sail, hmmmm !

This post was edited