RE:Body Parts

Through the years, I have consistently bought either the Brooks or Saucony brand of shoes in the style that best worked for me. The shoes will change a little bit from year to year it seems and usually takes some fitting time to get the best style. I will also purchase the insert (with different padding) on occasion to make up for my walking style. Get your feet checked on the weight distribution machine, too. I say walking but not very many folks keep up with my pace. Anyway, the combination of right styled shoe & insert has pretty much cured my foot / ankle / knee / hip problem. This whole combination usually costs about $140 to $185 but is well worth it. I get a new pair every year. My current shoe is the Brooks model ? Glycerin series 20 running shoe with an insert. Ill need a new pair in a couple of months. Dont buy the walking shoes, theyre just a cheaper made running shoe. I hope this helps. PS. My first pair of Saucony running shoes cost $40 in 1977 or 78. Its almost funny now!!

This post was edited

I am currently sitting here in the chair trying to recuperate from an few years old back injury that decided to recur. Its a real pain in the behind as I am able to not do much more than just sit. Did I just say *do more than sit*? It just gets really old quite quickly. I know I am not the only one to whom this has happened and slowly recovered. Its just the nothingness that is truly aggravating. So this is the question, *what did you do while recovering?*. Please feel free to post your ideas so the rest of us can be occupied & not go stir crazy. Thanking you in advance as my wife is threatening me with knitting. Ughhhh.

This post was edited

Many years ago, my wife took me to the Walking Company so that she can get another pair of Danskos. I had my feet analyzed and then tried on a pair of Kleins with inserts. They did relieve my knee pain and I also bought several pair over the years. Lately however, I have been buying Sketchers with memory foam. They are about 75% cheaper and have been just as good to my knees. I do have to buy more than 1 pair a year though. I still spend less than I was at the Walking Company.

This post was edited