Our first trip of the year

We were finally able to get a quick trip in this past weekend. It wasnt a big deal but the wonderful wife found a cancellation in one of the more popular Florida state parks and got us a reservation. We did a quick packing up and departed for two nights. It was just for a quiet weekend out in the woods and she greatly enjoyed it. I was able to be nude in the motorhome and grabbed a quick outdoor break at an early hour. Anyway, a happy wife is a happy life; I can be trained!! Hope the same for all of you.

This topic was edited
RE:Our first trip of the year

Hi. Totally agree there are some gorgeous state parks in Florida for RVing/camping. Prefer those over commercial parks that seem to be Disney wannabes, and those where lots are crammed together on tree-less fields. Have local trips to Fort Desoto and also Turtle Beach campground (which often books up a year ahead of time) scheduled for this summer and fall. Have fun out there. Brian

This post was edited

We were able to repeat our excursion of earlier in the year. We found another cancellation for four days at a local state park and got it reserved. Another quick pack up & away we went. It turned out to be perfect weather with mild temps & light winds. The wife enjoyed her quietude & salt air while basking in the sun. I was able to get nude time in the camper but that was it. Maybe next time if we get the next spot over, a little bit of nude time will be possible, well see. Overall, it was a great trip & were already trying to book for next year.

This post was edited

Our last trip of the year was 3 weeks ago. We, along with friends (textile), took our RV's up to the Eastern Sierra's of California. We glamped in Mammoth Mountain for 4 nights and visited various canyons and lakes to view the Fall color changes of the Aspens. We then drove south to a town called Lone Pine and visited the Alabama Hills, Cerro Gordo Silver Mine Ghost Town and Death Valley. Alabama Hills has a rich history involving all the old western TV and movies of the 40's, 50's and 60's. It's where scenes from movies such as Tremors, Star Wars and Iron Man were filmed.

It was a fun trip, but I found something out about our friends I didn't realize. Not sure if any of you do this as well. They have a large 5th wheel with 3 slides. We have a 30' motorhome with one slide. Our motorhome is cozy, there's is a house on wheels. Thus, the outside is an extension of our RV life, and we utilize it quite a bit. Our friends never deploy their awning, never put chairs out on the pads to sit outside, they basically just continue their home routine in their 5th wheel. He seems more interested in connecting the TV cable and seeing how many channels he can get instead of enjoying the outdoors. We were in an amazing, wooded campground and seemed all he wanted to do was watch TV.

The RV is put away now until the Spring. Our next trip will be down to the beach or up the coast to visit our grandson in college. With a 2004 coach, things are beginning to break or need replacing and we're evaluating if it's worth keeping.

This post was edited