Do more squats!

My workouts have changed since I have been training for the Colorado Trail. But I saw a picture of myself that I recently took and it appears I have lost mass on my legs. It is probably due to all the hiking. I need more squats.
Losing muscle mass as we get older is the worst thing ever. We dont have the same amount of testosterone, so what we lose, we may not ever get back. Heavy resistance exercise is so important for everyone, man and woman. Most importantly it strengthens our bones and connective tissues. But it also keeps the strength when we need to get up and down and for lifting objects. It also prevents the slump and slouch we get.
There is an elderlylady who lives across the street. She is admirably very active since she mows her own lawn and walks a long way every morning. But she has a terrible slouch. She would probably be 5 foot 5 normally but she is like 4 foot 10 inches with the slouch. It is unhealthy and likely painful.
My father in law is in his 80s. When I first met him, he stood maybe 6 inches taller than me. Now he is almost equal Im height. When we are seated, I am taller than him.
All this points to resistance training. Squats and deadlifts are super important. Train like a powerlifter. Stand taller and lift those shoulders back. Develop strong glutes and lower back muscles. Walk tall and proudly.

This topic was edited
RE:Do more squats!

That is very simple and excellent advice

This post was edited
RE:Do more squats!

Thanks Mack. It is something I feel passionately about.

That is very simple and excellent advice

This post was edited