New Member Intro...

There doesn't seem to be a clear place to post the required introduction...maybe having a dedicated "thread" with some leading interview questions would be beneficial?

My name is Chris. I moved to Florida in 2016, near Daytona Beach and I love it! I'm 46, married, and a nurse in short-stay rehab. My better half seldom is interested in nude social activities, but grants me lots of freedom to participate. I've been an active social naturist since my late 20s and was excited to take part in Florida's social nudism opportunities. While I really enjoy the beaches, I miss things like pool parties, hiking, and social gatherings with an established community of friends and acquaintances. Ironically, my "home turf" in western PA seemed to have more groups for small gatherings, naturist clubs, group-sponsored pool parties, potlucks, etc. That's what I gravitate toward and am hoping that vibe of relaxed socialization might be found in this group. I look forward to talking to new friends!

This topic was edited
RE:New Member Intro...

Glad to have you aboard Chris. Youre a ways from the Panhandle but appear to be enjoying yourself around Florida and thats what counts. Our home resort,Hidden Lake has all sorts of low key get-togethers that appear to be enjoyed by all but is a long way off.. Sunny Sands & First Coast Naturists are in your area along with the Titusville crew if I remember correctly. Please contribute to the group as able and enjoy your local area. John

This post was edited

I have no problem traveling when the opportunity arises. In Pennsylvania, I belonged to a non-landed club that held monthly get togethers at various homes or occasional camp/Park rentals and I belonged to a group called Swim Nude Pittsburgh. Otherwise, I typically drove to a naturist resort that was 180 miles away in the mountains, but such a nice group people. I drove there ever 2 or 3 weeks in the warm months...and once for a Christmas party in the lodge (predominantly clothed in December), but, again, it was a group of fun, laid-back people and everybody just "clicked" as a community.
I miss it!

This post was edited

How is Hidden Lake? Ive read mixed things. Thinking about heading up there one of these days to check it out.

This post was edited

I have been many times in the past but missed last year due to unforeseen circumstances. It is very low key and in years gone by was a fish camp. Tim (owner) has kept the place up relatively well and has put on potlucks, fireworks & group cookouts on a fairly regular schedule. They regularly fill up on special holidays so calling ahead works well. And, your good conduct is your ticket to stay.

This post was edited

I just joined Hidden Lake last week. I was there about 4 or 5 times last summer and made the decision last weekend, and was there again yesterday (7/1). It was great, good crowd, although I had to leave early due to some pet issues. I'm Chuck, in South Alabama, and I have a pretty extensive history with naturism, been lucky enough to have gone to a number of resorts, beaches, and wilderness areas over the years. I have been the male half of a couple that enjoyed going to a resort in the Midwest (used to live there) as well as attending various resorts a single male. Sometimes the single male scenario is a bit isolating, but for the most part it's okay.
I really have enjoyed Hidden Lake and I think the owners are trying to spruce the place up. Great people who go there.

This post was edited