Does anyone remember Red White & Blue Beach?

If you grew up in the in the South Bay Area or Santa Cruz , you might remember this beach. There were plenty of clothing optional beaches in the area but RWB was the best. It had a gated entrance (I think it was fairly inexpensive) and you drove down a sandy road from there a short distance to the parking lot. Adjacent to the lot were some campsites as well. The best part was undressing at the car. We typically didnt bring anything but towels and a small cooler onto the beach and sometimes set up almost a mile away from the lot.
The place was sold in 2008 and has been inaccessible since.

This topic was edited
RE:Does anyone remember Red White & Blue Beach?

Awesome. I was at Bonny Doon last week. Had a great time.

This post was edited

Bonny Dune was my first nude experience. I was 18 and had just started college. Had a classmate whom I made friends with and she got me to go with her. Pretty girl but not really my type. It was a bit intimidating for me but she said she was going to pull off my shorts if I didnt. Lol, we werent a thing. I was dating someone else and she was engaged. Anyway, I was hooked from that day on. Went with her maybe half a dozen times. I was clearly friend-zoned by her but we would get out of class at 11am and be on the beach before 1pm. Got to spend time with a gorgeous naked woman and I had no other obligations. I was just a friend who kept her from being approached by other men while she was at the beach; she didnt like going alone.
She ended up marrying her fianc and I recently contacted her. Shes been through 4 husbands. I continued going to Bonny Doon and Red, White & Blue in the early to mid 80s and brought my future wife to the those beaches as well. Were still married!

This post was edited

I first visited Bonny Doon clothing optional beach in Davenport, CA. I was in the Navy at the time. A good friend and shipmate and I were enroute to Santa Cruz for the day when we drove up on a bunch of cars parked on the side of the road. Curiosity set in and I parked and we went to explore. First, we headed in an easterly direction. We ended up on private property with a very irate property owner that chased us off with his shotgun.

We retreated to the west and came upon some trails that led to the cliffs above this cove. To the south was the clothed beach but within the cove, there were easily 300 naked people. Santa Cruz was out, and I went back to the car, got a sleeping bag and we spent the afternoon enjoying nude sunbathing and the nudist people we met. Bonny Doon was my go to place every single day I had off.

When I got home for a weekend, I told my wife about it. On a trip back up to San Fran for a shipboard function, I took her to Bonny Doon and she loved it and still does. Later, we found RWB beach and visited it twice. A dirt road off Hwy 1 up to the gate where he charged us $5 to park. We completely stripped at the car and took our chairs, towels and cooler and found an empty "condo." They were wind break shelters made of driftwood. Back in those days, we only had a Polaroid to take pictures but have several nudes of us on that beach.

Only downside was that the owner kept getting harassed by the sheriff because people were complaining about the gay sexual activity in the parking lot. About 4-5 years later, we found out it was being sold. No problem, we started going back to Bonny Doon. Haven't been there is quite some time.

This post was edited