How do you cope with being a lifelong single?

I am not sure if there are some of you here who have the same issue. Anyway, even if you suffer for a few years as a single person, you might have an idea. I am often told to pray for it and God will show me my future wife - nope, that doesn't work. Then I have sinned too much and this is my punishment - nah, we are all sinners and it certainly doesn't work that way. I should be patient and it will work out - cool, I'm over 50 now and I don't know how patient I still need to be. Well, being an ugly introvert doesn't help in this case, so I guess I need heaps of prayer. Sometimes I accept my life as a lifelong single, but sometimes it hurts.
How do you cope with being a lifelong single?

This topic was edited
RE:How do you cope with being a lifelong single?

I really just stopped looking & *poof* there she was. Now that is an over simplification but the gist is correct. I would recommend joining a local church group or any civic type activity group and get involved. They are out there just, obviously, not right in front of you. Good luck. PS. Anniversary #41 coming up!! It does work & work well.

This post was edited

I really, really wish it was as easy as "just let it go and *poof* will happen" . . . but there are far, far too many people who know it does not. I pretty much have given up on the hope, but every so often--maybe once or twice a year--I hear a sermon that makes it hard to realize that we are in a "not good" state (as Genesis 1 says). As an introvert, it is much harder, also. A pastor friend of mine often tells me I should just buy a mail-order bride, but I can't even afford to do that! LOL But, I get where you are coming from very much.

This post was edited

I really just stopped looking & *poof* there she was. Now that is an over simplification but the gist is correct. I would recommend joining a local church group or any civic type activity group and get involved. They are out there just, obviously, not right in front of you. Good luck. PS. Anniversary #41 coming up!! It does work & work well.
Thanks, but tried that as well. It didn't work for me. I joined a local church group too, but I was the only single there. The possibility to find someone is very low in rural places and the older you get the more unlikely it'll get. Most women in my age are happily married, have kids or even grandchildren.

This post was edited

I really, really wish it was as easy as "just let it go and *poof* will happen" . . . but there are far, far too many people who know it does not. I pretty much have given up on the hope, but every so often--maybe once or twice a year--I hear a sermon that makes it hard to realize that we are in a "not good" state (as Genesis 1 says). As an introvert, it is much harder, also. A pastor friend of mine often tells me I should just buy a mail-order bride, but I can't even afford to do that! LOL But, I get where you are coming from very much.
Thanks for understanding! A mail-order bride is way too expensive for me as well. LOL.

This post was edited

You might try the website *Zoosk*. It is generally used by older ladies but younger 30s do also. It appears to work if you sort through the folks. Actually, as I wont be specific, I know that it worked for very close friends. Be very choosy. Good luck.

This post was edited

Thanks, I can give it a try. Unless I tried a christian dating site as well, have met some women, but none were interested in me. I must be very boring apparently.

This post was edited