Art work

Greetings Everyone,

This message is more of a heads up and be aware. There are lot of scams going on as I am sure many people here have heard or even dealt with many of them. Well here is a new one to be cautions about and keep yourself alert. I was recenly contacted by someone on this site will not give there screen name as the could change it to something else or have other profiles.

This particular person liked a picture that I have posted in my gallery and wanted to do an oil painting of it. While I am flatterted that someone would want to do that as I see it was nothingt more than just another scam. As this person wanted send me $750 but only to turn around and send that same money to a supplier to buy the canvas and paints, first red flag there, as my autorization to do the work. Another redflag is that this person has and the company they claim to work for has no website no web presence that I could find with a google search. The phone number that was given was for the Orlando Area in Fla. but they claimed the business was located on a Resort Island in the Miami area. I did a search of the name of the business in that area only to come up with nothing. If I am wrong here at least to me if this was an legit operating business they would have website of their own, a phone number in the area they are operating/based out of.

So with all that said there are too many red flags to feel that this is a legit offer. So in ending be cautions sadly there are a lot POS scammers out there who are only interested in taking advantage of people and not really doing anything productive in the world.

Be alert and cautions.

This topic was edited
No replies yet.