Rift

I have played Wow since the beginning on n off, have 85's done alot of the new content but just got either really boring n samey or the hard stuff was just too complex in a boring way. in this phase melee here range there, here off tank does this tank goes here nuke till adds rinse n repeat... YAWN and before that boring complex stuff its literally 70+ levels of just tank n nuking standing still doing rotation trying to beat ppl in highest DPS.
BUT!!!
Rift has a very unique feel to the grinding levels with the random rifts and the towns/citys getting random attacks from enermys in world events that happen often and reward great;ly so you feel at any level useful and not bullied out by end game users and guilds work more effectively because any level have there uses and guilds also offer extra stuff, unlocked by doing or donating etc not unique but in the big mmo's rarely there or useable by all lvls (like extra % of money drop or item drops or buff) cap lvl is 50 and im lvl 30 atm and the gear isnt heavy on stats something i believe wow went wrong on, the char at 85 be like 150-200 stat in say stam but then get another 1000 stat in stam by gear, making the game evolve around the gear.
theres pvp but havent done any, the talent tree is more a tree then wow as it has roots, its unique and very good system, ill try explain
4 jobs = cleric warrior rogue and mage. you have souls which each job has 9 percific jobs and you can put points into 3 at any one time.
I have a cleric, one build is all out healer, my main soul build is Warden Healing cleric soul tree that mainly use health over time spells(HoTs) and Sentinel The Sentinel is another healing cleric class, it has a
lot of heals that effect more than one target and many that are instant
castand some points into Purifier which has buffs for party and does slow-ish but big heals good for healing tanks.
Other people may have 2 healing classes and a DPS so they can add some dmg when not healng.
Clerics can also tank justicar gives defense shields etc and dps both melee with shaman/druid build or long range with inquisitor or cabalist mix and match whatever your skill and how you like to play. like lower lvls good to have pet druid offers pet and is melee dps can use cabalist to do long range dmg till they run to you then go melee and have few points in a healing soul like warden to do HOT's on yourself while fighting, really has alot of versitale to what you pick and why theres no right a wrong.

All your spells/skills come from points into souls ofc souls will come with 1-2 skills and maybe some passive skills but the rest are unlocked by putting points into the tree, the tree is like wow skills and percentage increasement in some key skills and roots do the same unlocks skills and increases skills power its really great system

https://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00anj.Vq.VxztpMsVk#Tree
^link to fiddle and see for yourself, click the "bulb" part to see the other 6 jobs. hover over for idea of what that job does.
magfe warrior n rogue all got diff jobs, some self heal some other buffs or debuffs support classes etc etc its very good system and very well done for end game and from the start, I see WoW losing alot of players to this game and I can see why.

If you already pay, please add more info and also stat what server char and what side you chose, like wow has its own horde n ally side.

This topic was edited
No replies yet.