Location, Location, Location

A traditional turn of phrase used by real estate experts to stress that the three most important factors in determining the desirability of a property are location, location, location. This phrase was famously adapted in a speech by former British Prime Minister Tony Blair when he referred to his priorities as Education, Education and Education. The phrase is believed to have been originally coined by Harold Samuel in 1944, founder of the property company, Land Securities which has grown to become one of the biggest in the UK.

Yes, I know this has been discussed previously but I want to start a spanking fresh new thread and ask that people ONLY respond to this thread in a specific way. If you have completed the add location form and received no response, please indicate in a reply post how many locations you have requested to be added and the approximate dates that you requested it. I myself have done so twice without any result, one a good long time ago and one more recently. I even sent a follow up email on one of the submissions to the support email address.

Having recently become a small potatoes webmaster myself, I think I now have a better grasp on the workload Team True faces in keeping this site up and running and keeping members happy as best he can. Yet the Locations feature is one of the things that I like most about the site and would like to see it more efficiently administered. Posts I have read on the subject have given me the impression, rightly or wrongly that maintenance of the Locations page is a low priority in comparison with the myriad of others tasks that must get done. While I get the need to prioritize, I see little reason to have a function available if it doesnt work as designed and intended. So I really think it is time to get some action on the Locations page.

Based on my tiny bit of knowledge about web page construction and maintenance, I think for one thing a new page will have to be added to accommodate a Locations page for locations outside the US. Given the present and growing number of members outside the US this seems only fair and also some like me are interested in learning about nudist venues beyond the US borders because we plan to visit some of them.

I think I read a post that mentioned at one time Team True askedvolunteers to help add locations and I also seem to recall it required knowledge of a specific software like perhaps photo shop. I dont have photo shop and have no experience with it but Im guessing that competency is needed because the Locations page only allow images of certain sizes so Im assuming the need is for a volunteer to have a means of resizing submitted images that are too large to be accommodated. I do have a couple of photo software programs which among other things allow for the re-sizing of photographs so I could accomplish that. So I do hereby offer to volunteer to assist with maintenance of the Locations page if help is needed. Im no computer whiz by any stretch but I am fairly intelligent and can usually grasp something if it is explained to me and would be glad to help. I am never one to complain unless I have a solution and volunteering to help is one solution.

So now that Ive rambled on and onin case you forgotplease respond to this threadif you have completed the add location form and received no response and please indicate how many locations you have requested to be added and the approximate dates that you requested it. This is with respect to any member and whether the location was inside or outside the US. This I think would help define the scope of the issue and whether it should receive more priority. Who knows? Perhaps Im the only one with this concern and if that is the case then of course I will stop trying to add locations and try not to feel frustrated about it.

This topic was edited
Re: Location, location, location

I too have tried to add a location several times. I didn't note the date of the attempts, but one was a considerable time ago. I do have two locations in my profile; therefore the web site feature used to work.

This post was edited
RE: Location, Location, Location

I found adding new locations impossible, especially as they were not in the states. I took from the available selections and added two to my profile and that worked fine.

This post was edited

In case you missed this thread the first time and are one who has had trouble getting locations added, I'm bumping it to the top in hopes of getting additional feedback. If there are only a few of us concerned about getting the locations feature to work as designed, I'm afraid it will remain a low priority.

This post was edited

In case you missed this thread the first time and are one who has had trouble getting locations added, I'm bumping it to the top in hopes of getting additional feedback. If there are only a few of us concerned about getting the locations feature to work as designed, I'm afraid it will remain a low priority.

To be honest, to me it's not that big of an issue. There's not much here (in Alberta) and it's a feature to me that isn't really worth the effort. Saying that though, it would be nice if there was a comprehensive list of nudist venues on this site, at least for vacation references. lol...So, I guess you could say I'm sitting myself firmly on the fence with this issue. lol

This post was edited

Following is what I posted on the "Missing European Locationsthread". I think the same applies here....

I can only imagine how frustrating this is for you. The locations section has been very helpful to us while planning a recent vacation. I also know that TT1 has his hands full doing everything he can to run this site as smoothly and cleanly as possible and probably just hasn't had the time to devote to upgrading the locations section. As a matter of fact, way back on October 23rd he requested help specifically in this area on his blog: https://www.truenudists.com/blog/

Look under the subject "3000 users", number 4:
4. Volunteer your time
If you have experience with HTML/Photoshop or PHP/MYSQL, I could use some help with writing tutorials and entering locations. Please email support@truenudists.com if you would like to help.

Keep in mind that was written back when there were only 3000 users. We now have over 10,000 users! I really just think his hands are too full to keep up with the locations page. So, is there any one out there with the necessary experience/know how willing to volunteer to help with upgrading the locations section? If so, please send an email to support@truenudists.com, make sure you put in your subject line "volunteering to work on locations section". I'm sure TT1 would appreciate the help!

Jen

This post was edited

I do agree that we must take into consideration the fact that the membership of True Nudists has and is growing at a rapid pace and that there is bound to be a few growing pains in the process. But there comes a point when the perhaps unexpected success of the site must stop being an excuse for things like the Locations feature not working properly or not being given any priority.

If the site has grown to the extent that it has become unmanageable for one person, then the webmaster should in my opinion be actively advertising for help. I did read someones post that he had requested assistance with adding new locations at some point, but frankly I havent personally seen any such request since I joined the site last month. I think I pretty clearly offered to help if it is something I can learn to do and Id go so far as to say Id purchase the necessary software needed if I dont have anything that will do the job. And RabbitnBunny also volunteered to help in their original post and seems already to have the technical skills and the appropriate software to immediately begin helping to address the issue.

In summary, the site should not be a victim of its own success. If a feature is offered it needs to work as designed.

This post was edited

Believe me I have tried to let go of this issue but I just cant. Today another nudist site that I requested a listing from for North Texas Naturists has added us two days after I emailed them. We are even listed on The Naturist Society web site! Here on the site that produced North Texas Naturists we still havent been listed after numerous requests by every means available. Personally if I had a site like this, it would be a source of pride to know the site had motivated the founding of a new naturists club. Meanwhile another non-landed club in my area who discriminates against single nudists didnt seem to have any difficulty getting listed on the Texas locations page. Im really miffed about this!

This post was edited

I did read someones post that he had requested assistance with adding new locations at some point, but frankly I havent personally seen any such request since I joined the site last month. I think I pretty clearly offered to help if it is something I can learn to do and Id go so far as to say Id purchase the necessary software needed if I dont have anything that will do the job. And RabbitnBunny also volunteered to help in their original post and seems already to have the technical skills and the appropriate software to immediately begin helping to address the issue. In summary, the site should not be a victim of its own success. If a feature is offered it needs to work as designed.

Nuderunr,

Refer to post #9 for the reference to TT1's request for help. Did you make sure you mentioned in your subject line "Volunteering to help with locations" ? I really do think it's just a matter of having not read the email's yet from you and Rabbitnbunny. There is a completely different matter that I emailed TT1 with over 2 months ago. Recieved the reply 1 week ago. It may just be a matter of priorities or funding. Keeping the server functional and the site operational (has any one noticed a lot less "oops!" and a lot less site down time, lately? I have ) may have consumed his time, along with dealing with all the "abuse" issues.

Remember everyone, TN is a one man show, some issues do not get resolved immediately, but they do get resolved. I feel confident that anyone who has offered help will be getting a response soon.

Jen

This post was edited

Jen,
Thanks and of course you are right. I tend to be a little on the impatient side at times and Im so glad that you and Phil help keep me balanced here. LOL I will send another email with the subject line you suggested. I do love the site and all the great things about it. And I appreciate you for being so willing to help everyone. You really do so much in making this a positive and enjoyable community to participate in.

This post was edited

A similar topic has been discussed since four months back, under the headline "Nudist locations" in the Forum. The text below is what I posted today there, as a reminder and appeal.
/Andy
--------------
European
locations are totally missing under the headline "Locations". I
understand that most members here are from US, but since the membership
of the site is growing there are MANY from other parts of the world.
Would be great to add locations in Europe, Australia, other parts of
America in addition to US (many Canadian members!) and there might even
be some locations in Asia. Probably none in Africa, but would be happy
if I'm wrong.
So please sitekeepers, put some effort on extending the page "Locations".
/Andy
Well, I can fully understand that there is much to do with the site.
Some of you adding messages in this discussion have stressed the fact
that the site is run on a non-commercial basis. I'm fully aware of that
and I express my appreciation for the initiative. I suppose the number
of members at True Nudists have increased much more and much quicker
than expected. That's for sure very positive.
Others have proposed that those of you that have the right competence
for giving a helping hand with developing the site should offer that
help to the site management. I'm not one of those with that type of
competence, sorry. But there are most likely some others. Please, if
you think you can contribute, contact the site management!
Coming to the question of locations, I know there are other sites where
information about nude beaches, resorts, B&B etc are to be found.
But why keep the site "Locations" at this site unchanged, when sooo
many members here are from other locations than US?
My proposal quoted above, posted four months ago, have so far not given
any effect and no sign of reaction from the site management. Would be
great to get at least some sort of answer, maybe a timeplan for site
development or something. Let's hope it comes soon.
Greetings from Sweden!
/Andy

This post was edited