Winter nudism

OK, another newbie question - do real enthusiasts keep the clothes off inside during the winter? Here in Michigan, we've got about three months where it's nice to walk around undressed, feeling the breeze on your skin. But in a month or so, it's going to start to get a bit chilly. I'm wondering how other northerners handle this - do you just crank up the thermostat, grin and bear (bare?) it, or do you don fleece and jeans and dream about warm, secluded beaches?

This topic was edited
RE: Winter nudism

All of our indoor parties during the winter are nude. Usually having warm footwear will keep the otherwise nude person comfortable.

This post was edited

There was some research done a while ago that showed that if you keep your head warm, the rest of your body doesn't notice the cold as much. A tv show over did an experiment where they put two guys wearing just their boxers into a cold store and timed how long they could stay there. The guy with the hat lasted a lot longer than the bare headed guy. So when temperatures drop indoors, wear a hat and a smile.

This post was edited

Interresting about the hat. I'm usually ok if I have socks on. I'll try a hat in stead this year.
I'm nude year around but sometimes have a space heater nearby to knock off the chill.

This post was edited

There's a saying.. nudists might be a bit crazy but we're not stupid! If I'm cold I'm going to put something on. Usually a t-shirt will do it. We have two wood pellet stoves to heat our house so we are able to keep temps in the 'able to go nude range' without going broke. And if we're hosting a nude party I'll crank up the heat even higher so everyone is comfortable nude. And there's always the hot tub outside at 102f.

This post was edited

We built our home about 10 years ago. I used in floor heat as my heating design. My design by the way we can keep the house 75 plus no matter how cold it gets. Lots of extra insulation in the ceiling and floors. If your feet are warm you are warm. Nude 24/7 year round in Northeast PA. The only reason we still live here.

This post was edited

This post was edited

Scandinavian nudists in the winter, run to keep warm.

This post was edited

Hat and socks make a big difference for me. But if you Google body heat loss you'll discover there are all sorts of answers but none of them seem conclusive. Until I read a definitive study, I'll go with what works for me.

This post was edited

At our resort...and home...we wear fairly heavy fleece house coats when it's really cold. Still get nude time indoors, in the hot tub, sitting by the camp fire, etc. In the words of a very experienced nudist friend, "hey, we're nudists...we're not stupid!"
Gator1

This post was edited
RE: winter nudism

Where I live we go around bare whenever we can as long as we
are comfortable. When it is too cold to be nude we do wear something for warmth
but once we get into an area where it is warm enough to be nude we do so.

Most people in the winter wear winter coats when visiting
others and once they get indoors they remove their coats. Nudists do the exact
same thing only we dont stop with just removing our coats.

If we are warm enough to be nude we are nude, if we are cold
we put something on.
Much as I like to be nude I like being warm even better.

This post was edited