Nude Wedding

As some of you may be aware, I will be getting married next summer after a long engagement.My sweetheart and I have both thought about having a nude wedding ceremony, but her family and mine are not naturist. Her teen daughter refuses to attend the wedding if we go ahead with the nude ceremony. As much as I would like to accommodate her feelings, this is our wedding, and we would like to do it our way. My fiancee is now saying we should do it clothed to make her daughter happy. I am feeling like we are changing OUR wedding for the offspring. I figure she will eventually grow up and have her wedding HER way.Am I being selfish, or is it only right that we should be able to do things our way?

This topic was edited
RE: Nude Wedding

Some of my nudist friends have had two weddings. One nude for their nudist friends, and the second more traditional one a day later for non-nudist friends & family.

This post was edited

I have read alot of folks do both especially if they are members of a nudist resort get the best of both worlds

This post was edited

A wedding is basically between two people. A legal marriage requires five people; the bride and groom, the person officiating and two witnesses. Everything else is icing on the cake. (Pardon the pun.) This is where the problems arise in most weddings. Like they say, "The devil is in the details".
Traditionally the wedding day is the bride's day. Her wishes are paramount. She sets the tone and makes the rules. A considerate bride will take into account the wishes of others when making her plans, but the final decision is hers.
My advice to any groom: First, unless her requests are really weird, let the bride have her day. I'm sure she'll compromise with you in other ways. And secondly, it would be a bad way to start off a marriage by pissing off the bride. Even if she says "It's OK and you can have your way." don't believe it. It's not OK and she'll never forget it. So go with the flow and put on a pair of pants, if that's what she wants.

This post was edited

My wife and I had a nude wedding. A Celtic Handfasting actually. Originally we were going to hold two ceremonies; the first one nude, as it was the important one, and a clothed, medieval theme the next day for the textiles. We caught a bunch of grief from those who wanted us to swap the ceremonies, that we said to hell with it, and did it our way. IT'S OUR WEDDING. We cancelled the clothed one entirely, and told those that weren't attending "sorry you won't attend, we'll miss you." If the daughter can't get past her own issues to make mom happy, well too bad. Weddings should NOT be "productions" for all the families. It's about two people, and two people only.
I agree, if you let other people dictate what should or should not be at your wedding, then you're on a none-starter from day one. It is is YOUR day, not theirs.
(9)

This post was edited

As some of you may be aware, I will be getting married next summer after a long engagement.My sweetheart and I have both thought about having a nude wedding ceremony, but her family and mine are not naturist. Her teen daughter refuses to attend the wedding if we go ahead with the nude ceremony. As much as I would like to accommodate her feelings, this is our wedding, and we would like to do it our way. My fiancee is now saying we should do it clothed to make her daughter happy. I am feeling like we are changing OUR wedding for the offspring. I figure she will eventually grow up and have her wedding HER way.Am I being selfish, or is it only right that we should be able to do things our way?It may be your wedding but it's the bride's day. Let her have her way on her day.

This post was edited

This always poses a tough situation. It appears to me that there are a whole number of different circumstances here. Yes the day belongs to both of them, but if a mother is forced to choose she will most likely choose the blood daughter and accept a slight disappointment of no nude. I have to agree with DesertRat that if she defies her wishes and the daughter is not there, the thrill of having a nude wedding will be shadowed greatly by the disappointment of not having her there and it could turn into a long standing grudge. IF I were you, I'd leave it up to the wife, but like everyone else's mine is just my opinion. You could also have the textile wedding and then do a nude ceremony as well later.

This post was edited

Thank You all for your great responses, the question is still hanging in the air. This girl, soon to be my daughter, is very much the self absorbed teenage girl, showing disrespect and bad manners regularly. It bothers me that she seems to have such a large influence over her mother. I understand that having a nude ceremony might offend her on a teen angst level, but why is it not valid that he should respect our choice of lifestyles and accept this is what we want?

This post was edited

Partially, I'm with Rabbit. Strongly I'm with Desert Rat.
If it were me, I'd defer to my fiance'Or, you could do what my brother did, and have the real ceremony how and where you choose, and have another for the "family."
In my brother's case, there were only about three of us outside the immediate wedding party that knew which was the legal, or that it happened at all.

This post was edited

Thank You all for your great responses, the question is still hanging in the air. This girl, soon to be my daughter, is very much the self absorbed teenage girl, showing disrespect and bad manners regularly. It bothers me that she seems to have such a large influence over her mother. I understand that having a nude ceremony might offend her on a teen angst level, but why is it not valid that he should respect our choice of lifestyles and accept this is what we want?
(17)
If the mother is going to let a selfish little brat dictate what is or is not to be on such an important day, then she will always be ruled by her for a lifetime.
I wish you lots of luck for the future and hope that things will work out for you.
MOW.

This post was edited

my wife and i were married on a nude beach in Jamaica 4 july 2001, her daughter was 15 at the time and the only reason she did not attend was because Hedonism is adults only. We had another ceremony which included her (clothed) when we returned.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy