Lehigh Valley, PA

Are there any hot springs or trails near Allentown/Bethlehem, PA? I know it's winter but I'd like to be able to hike naked somewhere when the weather warms up. I know the Appalachian Trail is nearby but is it okay to hike naked there?

This topic was edited
RE: Lehigh Valley, PA

As for nude hiking theAppalachian Trail, I have heard of it being done, but it is illegal.

This post was edited
RE: Lehigh Valley, PA

Are there any hot springs or trails near Allentown/Bethlehem, PA? I know it's winter but I'd like to be able to hike naked somewhere when the weather warms up. I know the Appalachian Trail is nearby but is it okay to hike naked there?As far as hot springs on the east coast you're mostly SOL. The only east coast hot springs that I know of is Homestead Hot Springs, a developed spa west of Charlottesville VA. And it is CO segregated by gender. If you want to hike to wild hot springs you're going to have to head west young man, head west. LOTS of opportunities there. If you'd like more info on where to go out west, message me and I'll point you to a bunch.
As far as the AP, yes folks do hike some of it nude but as the other poster said, it is illegal. A friend of ours used to hike to a spot where he could skinny dip not far off the AP north of the trailhead at the Delaware Water Gap, so there are opportunities. Just be careful.

This post was edited