CO hot springs?

Going to CO fri, Can anyone recommend hot springs that we can get natural in? Please include the town adn name.

This topic was edited
RE: CO hot springs?

Try Valley View Hot Springs (Orient Land Trust), not far from Villa Grove, CO, south of Salida and north of Alamosa, on US 285.
Might be okay to call first (they have a web page with contact numbers), but unless they're really, really busy, you'll get in for the day, and maybe even be able to find a camping spot or a bunk.
It's primitive: you'll have access to cooking places, but very little in terms of groceries. But the hot springs are terrific; and the ambiance is very congenial.
Badger

This post was edited

Going to CO fri, Can anyone recommend hot springs that we can get natural in? Please include the town adn name.We Like Dakota hot springs in Penrose It's close to Colorado Springs

This post was edited

We were there too late for sulfur springs. Still had to drive back to Estes Park and didn't want to do the mtn road after dark. Next time well plan better.

This post was edited

Gail and I will be at Dakota Hot Springs on Monday, Sept 17 and Orvis Hot Springs on Tues, Sept 18.

This post was edited

Valley View is closed through the 28th. (They close from the 1st of December through Christmas week every year.)
Dakota closed early yesterday, is closed today, re-opens tomorrow.
I would assume any commercial operation is closed today. Those that are just out in the wilderness are always open :)
John aka Cobeachbum

This post was edited

the wife and i used to love going to Dakota hot springs but stopped going a few years ago because it seemed to be taken over by loud obnoxious drunks and the swinger crowd ..to bad til then we enjoyed it

That's a shame. Haven't been there in years, but it seemed to be much better since the new owners took over from The Well.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited
RE:CO hot springs?

I go to Dakota Hot Springs quite often. I just do not see drunks or overly rowdy folks there. Actually pretty laid back and friendly.

This post was edited
RE:CO hot springs?

Ridgway has a great one just north of town near Orvis.about 14$/person with several pools? & private roo.s & a sauna

This post was edited