RE: Young Nudists True Nudism! New generation? Or extinction?

You cant blame young people for not wanting to hang out with the older generation.

Its always the case. People usually hang out with their peers.

This post was edited
RE: Young Nudists True Nudism! New generation? Or extinction

The thing that I feel always gets missed in these discussions is that as time goes on everyone gets older or passes on. The children become the young adults, the young adults become middle aged, the middle aged become the older generation and so on in a never ending cycle. We were once the ones that felt the resorts were too expensive, not enough fun etc. , but here we are. I dont think the resorts are dying at all, they just cater to and are more to the liking of the older generations, whomever that might be at the time.

Its very similar to camping. When young we would backpack or at least camping was always backwoods rough camping, forget campgrounds. Our kids are into that type of camping now while weve moved on to a bigger tent, a large air mattress, and most often campgrounds instead of back woods. And as time continues to move on, weve had discussions about getting a camp trailer, something that we used to think and our kids now think is not camping at all, but a moving hotel room.

This post was edited

The thing that I feel always gets missed in these discussions is that as time goes on everyone gets older or passes on. I dont think the resorts are dying at all, they just cater to and are more to the liking of the older generations, whomever that might be at the time.

At 58 I am getting older too and won't deny that. But if the resorts didn't have a place for my family - or more accurately discriminated against us for single parenthood - how can the business model sustain itself? I question if there's a critical mass of aging female-chaperoned nudist couples out there, but that's not my problem. At the same time there are few nudist destinations for younger people, places like Hippie Hollow in Texas, Black's Beach in San Diego or Haulover in Miami (assuming all draw younger people as sanctioned public nudist venues). I'm not aware of anything like them within 250 miles of Chicago. I just got a taller tent I can stand up in, but I don't see my avoidance of resorts practicing discrimination changing as I age.

This post was edited

A friend of mine saw the distinction as "Old School" and "New School" nudism. The difference was that younger people didn't see the need for resorts and clubs and such, and just had no qualms about associating with each other in the nude in their pools and hot tubs and skinny-dipping areas like Hippie Hollow.

As I've remarked elsewhere, most of the nudists I've seen at resorts are fifty years old or more. They're generally affluent enough to attend the resorts and even have homes their, either year-round or seasonal. That's also true of my local non-landed club.

So if the resort scene "grays out" to the point where it can't financially sustain itself, I see it ceasing to exist. But nudism isn't going away, it's going underground.

This post was edited

But nudism isn't going away, it's going underground.
It would be great to hear from some people under 30 years old on this topic!

This post was edited

The beach I have used for the last 5 years is as busy as ever.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy