Picture comments

Hey all!
I've noticed a lot of guys comment on other guys' pics with "nice cock" or something like that. Isn't that kind of against nudist philosophy? While everyone has a penis and as nudists we have no shame of them, saying "nice cock" to someone kind of makes the nudity sexual. Or am i just reading too far into it?
At a nude beach once a guy actually complimented my penis. But I was a little skeptical as to why he was at the beach - was it just to enjoy nudism or for sexual or exhibitionist reasons? It's just that you certainly won't see straight guys complimenting other guys' penises.
Your thoughts? Can comments like that still work in a nudist setting, or do they make nudity sexual?

This topic was edited
RE: Picture comments

Hey all!I've noticed a lot of guys comment on other guys' pics with "nice cock" or something like that. Isn't that kind of against nudist philosophy? While everyone has a penis and as nudists we have no shame of them, saying "nice cock" to someone kind of makes the nudity sexual. Or am i just reading too far into it?At a nude beach once a guy actually complimented my penis. But I was a little skeptical as to why he was at the beach - was it just to enjoy nudism or for sexual or exhibitionist reasons? It's just that you certainly won't see straight guys complimenting other guys' penises.Your thoughts? Can comments like that still work in a nudist setting, or do they make nudity sexual?Interesting topic.
I am one of the nudists that get many comments about my penis. I think it's ok that people like my penis, I take it as a compliment.
I do not think that one can deny a body part if you are a nudist. If you think one's body is beautiful, and would like to comment on it, then you should just do it. The same can be done with a face, hands, feet, breasts and a penis.
Nudism is not a religion, it just means that one likes to be naked and do not mind being with others who are naked too.
You can not equate nudism and sex, but nudists are also sexual people.

This post was edited

I personally think it's the same as a clothed environment; sometimes it's innappropriate to be sexual, sometimes it's just fine. I find the suggestion that nudists should be, philosophically, non-sexual, just as daft as the suggestion thatbutts, cocks, breasts and fannies should always remain covered; which clearly I don't, or I wouldn't be a naturist.Is it really any different to saying "nice hair", "great abs" or, for that matter, "nice butt" to a clothed person?

This post was edited

I am pretty outspoken about this because it's the kind of tedium that turns a lot of young people off to nudism... it's supposed to be about freedom not rules, right? I have found the more nudist functions and clubs I go to the more annoying it becomes to navigate all the rules (which has mostly been the case at straight clubs/resorts).
To suggest we all stand around and pretend we aren't all naked is absurd. A compliment is a compliment and don't flatter yourself to assume the guy wants to have sex with you. If you're going to let it hang out there, be prepared for someone to notice. I would argue that's part of the whole social/public nude experience. Now, if someone is being lecherous and inappropriate, that's another thing, but there should be room to simply compliment each other.

This post was edited

I take a compliment as a compliment, rather nude or clothed. Granted, being nude more is seen and with that you have different compliments. I dont mind someone saying nice cock, penis, etc or nice butt, ass, etc as well as any other compliment. If the comment left is more like, I would like to suck, ride, etc then that to me is 100% sexual and I just delete the compliment/comment. Just take them as they come and keep or delete (remove) any comment you want.

This post was edited

First and foremost, there shouldn't be "rules" or such against such things BUT we need to be aware of people's comfort levels and think about how a comment might be taken. That's just courteous. This applies to in person and on line.
Now, for a female nudist, comments like "Nice tits" or "that's a great pussy" would largely be assumed to be rude coming from most guys. The same is rather true for many guys too.
Not straight men and men with large flaccid endowments are more often used to people commenting on and noticing their penises. It's just a compliment. But for many straight men or guys who are used to nudist environments, specifically commenting on their genitals might make them uncomfortable. Maybe it's because they see it as men hitting on them, maybe it's just awkward, maybe they are insecure, maybe they really want to separate sexuality and nudism...
Regardless don't assume that because a person is comfortable with being naked that they comfortable with everything. Pushing people like that scares off a lot of good potential nudists. If you know a person, are having a casual dialogue with them or if it's obvious they don't mind (ie they have a massive member shown off predominantly in their photos) then go for it. Comment all you want. Otherwise, just try to be respectful.

This post was edited

even str8 men will notice and can compliment another guy on a nice cock. Get over it people. If you get a compliment then be appreciative of it and thank them for it. All men should be able to appreciate another mans body!!!

This post was edited

Hey all!I've noticed a lot of guys comment on other guys' pics with "nice cock" or something like that. Isn't that kind of against nudist philosophy? While everyone has a penis and as nudists we have no shame of them, saying "nice cock" to someone kind of makes the nudity sexual. Or am i just reading too far into it?At a nude beach once a guy actually complimented my penis. But I was a little skeptical as to why he was at the beach - was it just to enjoy nudism or for sexual or exhibitionist reasons? It's just that you certainly won't see straight guys complimenting other guys' penises.Your thoughts? Can comments like that still work in a nudist setting, or do they make nudity sexual?Well, I think it waswrong,if your gay,bi and know the person and as friends you say that cool,but i also agree i go to be nudist not for lookies,haha

This post was edited

We should all appreciate the bodies of men and women, and there's nothing wrong with giving and receiving compliments. Especially naked.
Everyone should give them and everyone likes getting them. We should happily acknowledge we're naked.
Telling someone they look great, have an awesome body, look great naked etc. is the kind of encouragement that helps us build confidence to be naked!
That said, just use common sense about being sexually explicit. Sometimes it's great and fine and obviously warranted. Sometimes people (especially strangers or new nudists) will feel awkward. People often have a line where they might feel uncomfortable and you risk making someone uncomfortable.
Just because you like being told you have a "tasty cock", "fuckable ass" or "nice pussy", doesn't mean everyone appreciates or wants that kind of sexual energy. Maybe it's just because their boyfriend or wife is around. Like all things, it depends on who and where.

This post was edited

I don't think "nice cock" should be assumed to be a comment "of a sexual nature". We are all nudists, yes? That being the case, what is the difference between "nice eyes" and "nice cock/bum/chest/abs/nipples/back/feet/face/legs/etc)?Am I missing something. Should a comment on what is usually hidden by clothes automatically be considered sexual? I, for one, think not!
I agree with Henry's comment

This post was edited

To me a compliment is a compliment. If we are nudists here, we should honor the whole body, and not have shame about certain areas, nor give them prominence over others. If I compliment someone's photo, I often try to be specific about what I like. Is it the photography, the setting, the subject's face, expression, muscles, or what? Sometimes the answer is their cock. I want to be authentic and say what I mean, while being respectful of (what I imagine to be) the feelings of others. I agree that overtly sexual comments are not appropriate here, but truth-telling and openness should be.

This post was edited