JUne 8 - World Naked Bike Ride PDX 2013 (the big ride)

NOTE: This years ride does not go in a loop as in previous years. This means you do not end up back at the starting point. So plan accordingly. Attendance varies from year to year depending on the weather, it can be anywhere from 6,000-12,000 people. Y
Last yest, I saw skateboarders, people riding scooters and in-line skating.. So, it is not limited to bikes, but those who participate are expected to keep pace with the bikes. Although, the end point is described as "within walking distance" of the starting point, the ride does not go at a pace slow enough for joggers and persons who are walking.
I copied and pasted this from the shift2bikes.org calendar. This year's startign point is the Portland Art museum, who is a sponsor of this year's ride.
WORLD NAKED BIKE RIDE (WNBR)

Portland Art Musuem, 1219 SW Park Ave Portland, OR 97205 (Ride leaves from South Park Blocks)
8:00pm, Join us in the museum at 8pm. Ride leaves at 10pm.
Portland gets naked in the streets. This is the big,
thousands-of-people ride. Join us at 8pm inside the Portland Art Museum
on the opening night of Cyclepedia. Museum admission is one dollar per
piece of clothing. Ride leaves at 10pm from the South Park Blocks and is
free, though donations are gladly accepted. THIS RIDE WILL NOT BE A
LOOP but will end within easy walking/biking distance of the starting
location.

Naked Rider, theworldnakedbikeridegmail, pdxwnbr.org

Unfortunately, due to partial blindness, it is unsafe for me to ride a bike. However if anyone planning to ride has a tandem bike and an open seat, send me a note. I can pedal, but due to my blind spots and safety concerns I should not drive/steer a bike. it doesn't keep me from wanting to participate though.

This topic was edited
RE: JUne 8 - World Naked Bike Ride PDX 2013 (the big ride)

I'm riding! See you there.

This post was edited