Which beach is better?

Hello, fellow nudists. My name is Rick. I'm going to be in Los Angeles this weekend visiting a close friend. We want to go to either San Onofre nude beach or Black's Beach. Which is better, and why?
Thank you!

This topic was edited
RE: Which beach is better?

IMHO Blacks Beach is the type of beach you dream about or see in the movies. It is wide, flat, long and made up of fine sand withalmost norocks. It is a dream to walk this beach, especially at low tide. The main drawback is the 300 foot descent and steep climb back up that discourages a lot of people.
San Onofre, on the other hand, has an easier access. Because of this it has more gawkers and complainers about nudists. The beach is OK but a little rocky in places.
I can't tell youanything about the presence of beach patrols or citing people for being nude. Can anyone else answer this?

This post was edited
RE: Which beach is better?

I hang out on both...heres the deal.....I prefer San O. However, it is now illegal to be nude on San Onofre State Beach. Many people still go over the southern boundry of the State Park and onto Camp Pendelton Marine Base. It's not much of a boundry, but it is there, with signs posted. I have gotten nothing but respect, from the Marines. Usually, they will patrol the beach in the afternoon and ask that people make their way back down the beach to the State Park. I have heard from others, that citations are given, and technically arrested. It's a federal crime and you have to appear in court in San Diego. I, personally, have never seen any of that. San O has a much more wild feel to it, Blacks is a great beach, much more social, but it feels more like a beach in a crowded urban area...and there are tons of gawkers there, on the cliffs, with binoculars. Blacks Beach is a legal legit beach...no citations, no trouble.

This post was edited