RE: Why don't "truenudists" want to meet other members?

I my self haven't been on this site very long. But I too would like making nude friends and hanging out together. I also do have land where I live so we could hang nude in my back yard weather permitting. With that it be fun to be part of a nudist naturist group that has house parties and my house and land used for some parties? I also am a Christian Naturist and would like having a Naturist Christian bible study going on as well?

This post was edited

There is a good amount of scare and anguish to meet another people nude. Is not the gender or age but the threat of being sexually bothered by other nude person. I have try to meet with a local nudist for years and always something comes up to delay the gathering, lol. WE have gather and made friendship with people living out of this town where we live. It's really something going on when trying to gather with other nudists in town, go figure. lol

This post was edited

I have sent messages to most of the Chicago and other nudists from this site about meeting up, and over all most back out or never reply, but the few I have had the pleasure of meeting gives me hope that others will come around. To me being a nudist has nothing at all to do with age. race, sexual orientation, shape, size, single, married, coupled, etc. I just want to meet other nudist and form friendships. I would rather be nude than clothed and to be nude around clothed friends while can be fun and entertaining, it is just better among other nudists.

This post was edited

I believe that so many on these site's are (when it comes down to it) shy, However as has been previously stated distance between our-self's has to be a major factor. Also the fact that it's not alway's possible to meet in one persons house for various reasons. If you meet at a non naturist location or a mutually convenient location, this can sound as if it's to be some sort of sexual encounter which a True Naturist may not want to get involved with. I was trying to meet up with a Maseru that had offered a massage, neither of could offer there premises were available for various reasons, and the thought of a hotel sounded as if there were some sort of sexual encounter was to happen, (this was most definitely not the case).

This post was edited

Its is probably harder for nudists to meet other nudists because of what others here have mentioned, the fact that straightforward nudity can be confused with sexual activities by some. There are definitely people here pretending to be simple nudists when they're really looking for more. If this was a site for people with another common interest it most likely wouldn't involve that shyness element mentioned above. Its not always easy for some to be naked in public, it can be easy to forget that we've had to deal with that sometime in the past. Some people find it easier to be nude in public on holidays away from their local area, with a reluctance to be naked on a local beach because they don't want to be recognized. Some of us are well beyond being shy, we're used to being naked in the company of strangers, yet newcomers may well still have this hurdle facing them and find themselves possibly intimidated by the more confident nudists.
I really like social nudity, time spent nude with like minded people is a wonderful way to enjoy each others company. I have friends who I spend time with at local nude beaches but am always interested in expanding my nudist social life. It took time to build up a circle of friends at nude beaches, it takes time to build similar friendships online, in both situations there is that added element of 'are they true nudists' or are they looking for something else? I've met people from nudist sites and its always been a good experience. We've taken time to discuss nudism and other interests by email, IM's and sometimes nude C2C. I look at their photos to see that they are naked in typical nudist situations, preferably a variety of outdoor shots, not just bathroom mirror selfie shots, and share my photos to show that I am a genuine nudist. I think that sharing fully identifiable nude photos helps convince each other, but realise that its not possible for every nudist to do so. I've also had many attempts at contacting other nudists come to nothing, responses that show no indication that they really do want to meet or no reply at all.
Its worth persevering though, I've made some real friends online who have become real time friends, some are local and I see quite often, some I see less of because of distance. Nudist friends are always worth having in my book and I think its worth making that extra effort.

This post was edited

The same thing happens when you try to get together any group of strangers. Clothed or not. Don't take it personally.This is sad but true. Online relationships don't always translate to real life relationship.

This post was edited