Nudists who are surgically challanged

Having been a nudist/naturalist for most of my life I had never really given thought to those among us who through surgery are no longer perfect in body. Irecently had to undergo bladder removal surgery and so now have an urostomy bag. This is no big deal for me but I have worried about how it may be perceived at a nudist venue. I decided to make a cloth bag that would also serve as a place to keep my car keys and bits and pieces, and at the same time contain my urostomy bag. It all seems to work and I am now ready to venture out once more into public. I was not really concerned for me as it is a part of me, but I was concerned as to how others might feel being confronted by a person with this type of body addition. From discussions with other urostomy and colostomy patients who are nudists it is clearly a problem for many to adjust to and so many have become 'home nudists' only. Any comments on this would be appreciated.

This topic was edited
RE: Nudists who are surgically challanged

Your comments are well taken. It seems that some people have had problems in being accepted openly by others and to me this appears to be out of context with one being a nudist/naturist. I have always believed that one should accept other people just as they are, It must be remembered that people with surgery scars and "add-ons" are survivors. Unfortunately I have over the years come across people at nudist venues who seem to be obsessed with body image ......I sometimes question if they are true nudists or just like to show off their body to others. I also have to agree that in the main people I have meet at outdoor venues are very welcoming and accepting. No one is perfect...even if we would like to think we are.

This post was edited

Having been a nudist/naturalist for most of my life I had never really given thought to those among us who through surgery are no longer perfect in body. Irecently had to undergo bladder removal surgery and so now have an urostomy bag. This is no big deal for me but I have worried about how it may be perceived at a nudist venue. I decided to make a cloth bag that would also serve as a place to keep my car keys and bits and pieces, and at the same time contain my urostomy bag. It all seems to work and I am now ready to venture out once more into public. I was not really concerned for me as it is a part of me, but I was concerned as to how others might feel being confronted by a person with this type of body addition. From discussions with other urostomy and colostomy patients who are nudists it is clearly a problem for many to adjust to and so many have become 'home nudists' only. Any comments on this would be appreciated.Many years ago, there was a gentleman that frequented The Well (Now Dakota Hot Springs) in Penrose, CO that had one (He may still be going there). He was also in a wheelchair, and needed help into/out of the water. Folks were quick to help, and no one cared about the bag.
John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

I frequent a resort that is clothing optional everywhere but in the pool or hot tub. In those two places you have to be naked to enjoy the water. We have a couple that visits quite often. He has many health problems and it does bother him that he has a colostomy bag so he tapes it under his shirt. We embrace him and his wife as family. Because of his uncomfortableness with the issue, we allow him to keep his shirt on while in the water. He is the only person in the two years that I've been visiting who has not been told to leave the pool because he has clothing on.
I seriously doubt that if he chose to be naked, we would have any problem with it. Of course I can only speak for myself.
We also have several amputees that visit without any problem from the guests. I think it's great that anyone is embraced as a family member by most if not all there no matter what the physical issue is in order to help them accept themselves as they are and in their comfort zone.

This post was edited

Nice comment, I play water volleyball with a women who has a double mastectomy and ( I'm guessing) some other problems. I was a little disconcerted at first but now all I remember is how well she played last week end. Just hand in there and people will forget about. it.

This post was edited

I remember that man , haven't seen him for a couple of yearsYou two look familiar to me also, but it's been about 10 years sinceI was a regular there. I try and make out that way every couple of years, but it's been a few now (Last time there in CO was 2010, so I'm due to make a trip). I look at the gas cost, and decide against it.
John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited
RE:Nudists who are surgically challanged

i myself lost my leg ..bottom right .below knee .. now in wheelchair . and as a nudist before the loss i went to resorts / baths ./beach,s.. now cant get there as cant drive as yet .. and have to get another car that has auto .. the other problem is in Queensland , no legal beach,s ,, and cant get to a beach as hav,nt got wide wheels for chair ..lol. and trying to find someone who could pick me up and put wheelchair in there car / ute . and get me out of house for a day ,, imposable i think.as of yet.. i cant wait for 2018 becauce i will have a new leg .around feb.. and then rehab learning how to walk again ..little by little .. .. its seems if i tell anyone my leg is missing ..it seems they go missing also .. everyone seems .not wont to be a freind to a amputee for what ever reason ..shy away ..even when i tell them i have a pool / very private back yard ..and my partner/carer isnt into nudism she say,s they can come over ,just let her know in advance ..like the night before .so she is prepared and may go shopping/or see a girl friend while i and others can enjoy the sun in the nude .. as she isnt a nudist ..thats all .. not many takers ..

This post was edited

I began practicing nudism after I became a wheelchair user. I think nudism really helped me to appreciate my body again. Hopefully more disabled people will embrace nudism and the diversity of the human body will be seen in all its forms.

This post was edited

i myself lost my leg ..bottom right .below knee .. now in wheelchair . and as a nudist before the loss i went to resorts / baths ./beach,s.. now cant get there as cant drive as yet .. and have to get another car that has auto .. the other problem is in Queensland , no legal beach,s ,, and cant get to a beach as hav,nt got wide wheels for chair ..lol. and trying to find someone who could pick me up and put wheelchair in there car / ute . and get me out of house for a day ,, imposable i think.as of yet.. i cant wait for 2018 becauce i will have a new leg .around feb.. and then rehab learning how to walk again ..little by little .. .. its seems if i tell anyone my leg is missing ..it seems they go missing also .. everyone seems .not wont to be a freind to a amputee for what ever reason ..shy away ..even when i tell them i have a pool / very private back yard ..and my partner/carer isnt into nudism she say,s they can come over ,just let her know in advance ..like the night before .so she is prepared and may go shopping/or see a girl friend while i and others can enjoy the sun in the nude .. as she isnt a nudist ..thats all .. not many takers ..

We wish you every success in finding like minded company to share and also to convey you to some naturist places in 2018 hope your new leg gets you improved mobility.

Best Wishes J&J

This post was edited