RE: Skinnydipping as opposed to swimmimg naked?

Well, I look at this argument like the argument whether toilet paper should be wound with the paper coming off the top or the bottom. All I really care is that there is toilet paper when I need it and I can go swimming nude when I want too.
What ever it is called, I want to swim without the drag of a suit.

This post was edited

Semantics can be a fascinating intellectual exercise which I quite enjoy engaging in. But I would not allow that to take away from or distract me from enjoying the great feeling of submerging my naked body in water - whatever we call it ...

This post was edited

I draw a distinction between skinny dipping andswimming naked at a nude beach. Does anyone else do this? To meskinny dipping is swimming naked wherever you are. When I amswimming naked at a designated nude beach it is a sanctionedactivity. I love it. But i think ofSkinny dipping as more a personal choice to go naked wherever youare. i'm curious if anybody else sees it this way. IfI go for a hike and come upon a nice pool of water or swimming holeand i make the choice to jump in naked I call itskinnydipping.
I gotta say I agree: when you go skinny dipping, you run the risk
of surprising others (by being naked) who may come upon you. Not so
when you swim naked at a pool at a clothing optional resort. Or at
a nude beach. And I think this is why, for me, skinny dipping often
carries with it a bit more of a potential for a mental rush (doing
something that may cause you or others embarrassment), unlike
swimming in the buff.
When skinny dipping there is chance of being caught by anyone who
is not like minded. I believe that's part of the rush I get when
skinny dipping. Swimming nude feels different at nudist resort,
since you won't be caught naked. I love skinny dipping and swimming
nude and hope to do both a lot more often.

This post was edited

I have access to a private river park where I live. Often, when I go swimming there it's early in the morning and nobody else is around. I'll wade out to about chest deep, then remove my swimsuit and swim over to the bank and leave it on a tree trunk that's handy. Then I'll swim nude for 20 minutes or so. If nobody has shown up by the time I'm done, I'll often stay nude while I get out of the water and dry off. It's a lot easier to wring out a wet swimsuit when you're not wearing it!

This post was edited

For me, skinny dippping is something that you do in an area were it is prohibited or unexpected. When I am my camper at my nudist campground, it's just swimming naked.

This post was edited