How accepting are nudist?

Anyone who read the information I put in my profile will see that I consider myself nude curious to a closet nudist. I have kind of personal reasons for this, and may get into them later on if I feel comfortable. I want to explain a little about my nude experience and get some opinions. I have gone nude off and on when I was a kid, but never around other people. I didn't know if this was a natural thing or not, and because of some other issues within my family I never asked anyone, or told anyone about what I was doing. I didn't start researching it or really "practicing" it until four years ago when I got my own apartment. My problem is I like the feeling of being nude, and usually strip down for a while. But after a little of being nude I get self conscious about parts of my body, mainly the lower region, and end up putting underwear on. After going around in just my underwear for a while I start to think to myself, "This is silly. If I can't be nude around myself I shouldn't be nude." and I get redressed.
So I guess my first question is, how often do nudist go mostly nude? Is this something that would be normal? If I went to a nudist location, would this be ok? Also if I went fully nude at a nudist location, how accepting are they of people who are different?
I know this doesn't tell much, but right now its what i'm willing to say. Any help would be great.
Ellie Mae

This topic was edited
RE: How accepting are nudist?

Ellie Mae,
Nudist resorts, clubs, camps, beaches etc are the most friendly and genuinely accepting places on the planet. In fact, this was one of the most notable things I learned lat winter when I visited a resort for the first time. People are extremely diverse in how they look and when we are all nude, it is completely OK and normal. No one really cares what you look like as everyone is less than perfect; perhaps even an understatement LOL!!
It took me about 2 minutes to feel really liberated and comfortable simply because of the lack of reaction and welcome friendly vibe I felt from everyone.
So enjoy your participation here, don't let "creepy guys" get you discourage (there is always some on the internet here for the wrong reasons) and quickly you will see how great it is to be a socially active nudist.
Nude regards,J

This post was edited

Anyone who read the information I put in my profile will see that I consider myself nude curious to a closet nudist. I have kind of personal reasons for this, and may get into them later on if I feel comfortable. I want to explain a little about my nude experience and get some opinions. I have gone nude off and on when I was a kid, but never around other people. I didn't know if this was a natural thing or not, and because of some other issues within my family I never asked anyone, or told anyone about what I was doing. I didn't start researching it or really "practicing" it until four years ago when I got my own apartment. My problem is I like the feeling of being nude, and usually strip down for a while. But after a little of being nude I get self conscious about parts of my body, mainly the lower region, and end up putting underwear on. After going around in just my underwear for a while I start to think to myself, "This is silly. If I can't be nude around myself I shouldn't be nude." and I get redressed. So I guess my first question is, how often do nudist go mostly nude? Is this something that would be normal? If I went to a nudist location, would this be ok? Also if I went fully nude at a nudist location, how accepting are they of people who are different?I know this doesn't tell much, but right now its what i'm willing to say. Any help would be great. Ellie MaeHi Ellie Mae, as a lifelong nudist i like to be nude as much as i can, however there is always that time of month where by i have to wear my underwear. as for nudists accepting those that are different it is my experience that nudists are the most accepting people on earth and dont judge anyone as long as the are honest. hope this helps, Sue.

This post was edited

Thank you for the replies. It does sound like everyone in the nudist world would accept me for who I am. As I talk with people here I'm finding that this is true. If/when I start feeling more comfortable I will start to post more about me. I know I have talked with a few people in the chat room already, and have found some that have made me feel comfortable enough to open up more, and so far no one seems to have judged me, which is a great thing. I look forward to spending a lot more time here. :)
Ellie Mae

This post was edited

In my experience a nudist will be naked at every at every comfortable opportunity and sometimes when it's not so comfortable just for the hell of it.................. I have had a naked snowball fight.
As for accepting you as you are, naturists are the least body conscious people there are.

This post was edited

In my experience a nudist will be naked at every at every comfortable opportunity and sometimes when it's not so comfortable just for the hell of it.................. I have had a naked snowball fight.As for accepting you as you are, naturists are the least body conscious people there are.I don't think I could ever have a snowball fight in the nude... Way too cold.

This post was edited

Ellie Mae.
Nudists are the most accepting of other people anywhere in the world. As nudists we don't see people by what they are wearing or the car they drive, we see people for who they are. We see the real inner person. As the saying goes; it's hard to put on airs when you're nude. I gave an example of the non-critical nature of nudists in the Forums a while back and I'll repeat it here. I hope you appreciate it.
I was in the hot tub at a resort and woman, who was at the resort for the first time, joined us. The group was making small talk and we included her. We found out where she was from, her job, family and other small things and also that this was her first visit to a nudist resort. Nothing much else happened and everyone eventually went their separate ways. About 3 months later I met this same woman in the hot tub. I had remembered many things about her but not her name. That was OK, she didn't remember my name either. In passing I asked her how she liked nudism now after trying it for a while. She stated that this was the best and happiest thing that had ever happened to her. In the nudist world, for the first time in her life, she was treated and respected like a real person. You see her problem was, at about 5 ft. in height she weighed over 400 pounds. All of her life she was the fat little girl, the fat teenager, the fat coed and on and on. She was never the person or the woman but in the nudist world, that all changed. In the nudist world she was just another person and that's what she loved about nudists and nudism.
That's one reason why I am proud to be part of a group that knows how to treat people with respect.
DesertRat

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy