RE:5 forum topics about shaving on the front page

for real nice vids - hard to believe but same time easy to believe - since i wish the world still this way ...

This post was edited
RE:5 forum topics about shaving on the front page

as a long time swim coach (high school for 44 years), shaving one's body hair, especially for major meets is intended to help one's speed. no hair reduces the drag on one's body, although that reduction is minimal except for the very elite swimmers. nonetheless, it can cut tenths of seconds off one's time, sometimes that is enough to help a swimmer qualify or set a record. the more important aspect of shaving for the major meet (once a season) is the psychological advantage it gives some swimmers. they just "feel" faster in the water without body hair. and that psychological advantage is often a bigger influence of the swimmer's effort to go faster in an event.coach, i wanted to ask you - were you active in the day when team practice was naked? seeing reports of that on the internet, and wish i grow up in those days. was on swim teams since i was a kid and it was the exception that things work out so we do a skinny dip - like after hours some of us just kind of informally feel like it and nobody around to say no, or at sports camps on days when suits supposed to be supplied and did not show up on time, and a few times when we have meets at some all-boys' schools and we get there early and they doing warmups naked and we join in same way. nobody ever complain - in fact everybody on the teams looked like they prefer it. to me personally the difference between swimming naked and wearing a suit is like there is no comparison - seem like we made to swim naked. no actual time data, but i always felt i got faster times naked. interested in your thoughts or memories, coach. thx, tikoi grew up in those days - nude swimming lessons, nude swim team practice, nude father-son swims, nude pool classes at school from 7th grade on -- even an after-school snorkel and scuba club for boys that was suit-optional, and everybody opted for no suit. yeah truly a different time and place: nobody thought twice about it. it seems unfair to have that world they prepared us for snatched out from under us and almost blotted from history like it never happened . . . nice to see so many in the younger generation wanting to restore the tradition -- and yeah -- a suit for swimming (in a pool at least) has got to be the most useless and mean-spirited garment ever invented . . . hahaha . . .

swimming naked with your buds the best ...

This post was edited