The advantages of being open about being a nudist?

I used to work somewhere that my nudism could have been a major problem. I didn't like having to keep being a nudist a secret. I don't see what is wrong with enjoying being nude, both on my own at home and socially. Good friends had known that I was a nudist for many years, whether they were also nudists or textiles. With the textiles, we were friends for various other reasons, it didn't matter that I liked being naked, with the nudist friends it obviously didn't either. Whatever mix of these friends I was with it didn't matter if the nudists amongst us discussed where we went or what we planned to do to enjoy life the nudist way. At work I kept my nudist social life quiet, it felt wrong as I saw nothing wrong with being a nudist.
Since I've moved on from that job I've appreciated not having to hide my nudism. I don't broadcast it to the world, but don't hide it. If textiles ask what I've done at a weekend, I may tell them which beach I went to, this makes it obvious to locals that I go to nudist places. Sometimes this leads to follow up questions about what I like about nudism, I have no problem with answering them. Life is so much easier when I don't have to hide something that I'm not ashamed to be, being an open nudist makes life much easier. Good friends know we live nude at home most of the time unless its cold, some are nudists, some are textiles, we're friends, it doesn't matter when visiting if some of us are nude while others are clothed, we accept each other.
What advantages do others here appreciate about being open about being nudists?

This topic was edited
RE: The advantages of being open about being a nudist?

I am fairly open about my nudist tendencies, I don't hide it but I don't advertise either. Most people are surprised when they find out I am a nudist, apparently the look of me is enough to make people assume I am a prude I guess...lol. The one thing I don't like is people asking me whether or not I am scoping out all the naked women...which by the way I don't do, I look at people at a glance but mostly maintain eye contact because that I how I judge peoples feelings and such.

This post was edited

Life is so much simpler being open about my nudity. Everyone around me knows I'm a nudist - friends, neighbours, workmates and relatives. I have never had a bad reaction. And they chat about it from time to time. The usual comments are about my lack of tan-lines or the little luggage needed when going on holiday. I've even got many of them to sponsor me on a nude fund raiser.

This post was edited

Yesterday I was chatting to workmates about English seaside resorts - Blackpool in particular. I mentioned that I'll be there early in March. One workmate commented that it might be a bit cold for my usual holiday attire. A lady had just joined us - someone I hadn't met before. She asked why and the answer came back about my nudity. I added that we intend to challenge the world record for nudists on a fairground ride. That did raise comments about wind-chill - in Blackpool UK in March!

This post was edited

We did the challenge. I was one of 195 nudists riding the Grand National roller coaster in Blackpool pleasure beach (2 March). yes it was a bitterly cold day but somehow I didn't notice it while racing down the roller coaster track. Now Guinness has recognised it as a new world record. Look us up in the Guinness Book of Records

This post was edited