Folsom vs. Dore Alley

In San Francisco, the Folsom Street Fair seems to be a lot better known than Dore Alley. Have you been to either, and do you prefer one over the other?

This topic was edited
RE: Folsom vs. Dore Alley

I have been to both many times and prefer Dore Alley.

This post was edited

I hear the same thing from most people who've done both! I think Dore Alley is a little bit more free-spirited an event.

This post was edited

Up Your Alley is my favorite street fair. I'll be there Sunday July 26.

This post was edited
RE:Folsom vs. Dore Alley

when are these events?

This post was edited

IMO - I find Dore to be more local and less of the tourist trap that Folsom tends to be. Don't get me wrong, I have a great time at both, but there's a local energy and vibe at Dore Alley that is quintessential SF. Keep in mind - July is one of our coldest months, so getting naked when it's 55, grey and damp is not for the faint of heart. Stay nude and see you out there :)

This post was edited

I just went to the Folsom Fair for the first time. I enjoyed the freedom of walking naked amongst the textiles and no one cared at all. I just hope that the few masturbators don't eventually cause these type of events to become nudity banned events.

This post was edited

Folsom is a bigger event. Lots of fun. Definitely a lot more to look at. Dore Alley is a wilder event. I would say a lot more sex focus but its a hell of a time

This post was edited

I've been to both. Dore is a smaller street fair, but has more of an erotic feel and it attracts mostly men, so I prefer Dore Alley, but Folsom is also hot.

This post was edited

I suspect both events cancelled this year but do they occur the same week or both spread apart.

This post was edited

Last time I was at Folsom Street Fair, it was overrun by str8 college kids wanting to take photos of guys sucking and jacking off there. I was enjoying a nice cock on a hot dude, and this young male-female couple came up to take pics and comment. I said "can't you people find your own street fair?" So it has been ruined by the wrong types in my opinion. Dore Alley is a lot purer and there aren't as many of those "tourists" there. I felt a lot more comfortable there overall.

This post was edited