RE:parent talk: have you ever been caught by your kids?

Anyway, both grandkids are normal in every way and I/we have a good relationship with them. They are both comfortable in their skin and not timid about nudity and, hopefully, it will continue that way.In the USA society is far too paranoid that exposure to nudity will damage or traumatize children. They are young and their whole lives consists of being exposed to new things. They are in the process of learning how to react to so many things. They take their cues from the adults around them. We teach them to be traumatized.

Well said, one just have to look at kids on the playground to see this. I mean think about it. A kid falls, but if they don't see anyone who saw them. They get up und move along. But [B]IF they have an audience then out come the waterworks.

This post was edited

If one is a nudist, with presumably a spouse who is also a nudist. Then why aren't they raising their children as nudists as well?Not necessarily. There are many situations where a nudist has a non nudist spouse. My wife is fine with me being nude at home including the back yard as long as we don't have company, but is rarely nude herself and doesn't want to see anyone nude other than me.

I said PRESUMABLY a spouse who is also a nudist. As yes, I know that there are PLENTY of couples where only one half is a nudist und the other just barely tolerates it. But in a house where again with PRESUMABLY a spouse who is ALSO a nudist. WHY aren't they also raising their children as nudists?

This post was edited

If one is a nudist, with presumably a spouse who is also a nudist. Then why aren't they raising their children as nudists as well?Not necessarily. There are many situations where a nudist has a non nudist spouse. My wife is fine with me being nude at home including the back yard as long as we don't have company, but is rarely nude herself and doesn't want to see anyone nude other than me.

I said PRESUMABLY a spouse who is also a nudist. As yes, I know that there are PLENTY of couples where only one half is a nudist und the other just barely tolerates it. But in a house where again with PRESUMABLY a spouse who is ALSO a nudist. WHY aren't they also raising their children as nudists?

This post was edited

Well said, one just have to look at kids on the playground to see this. I mean think about it. A kid falls, but if they don't see anyone who saw them. They get up und move along. But [B]IF they have an audience then out come the waterworks.

Exactly ;-) My then 5 year old nephew was running around, tripped and fell down. And started belloring, my sister started to get up, I put my hand on her shoulder and pulled her back down, and said watch this as I started laughing at him. He quit crying and looked at me with a confused look on his face, then he started laughing got up and took off like a bat out of hell.

This post was edited

Not so long ago much of the US was populated by city or rural folks. many of the rural people lived in one or two room homes. Many of the city people live in one or two room apartments. Now think back to many years ago, when people lived in various shelters and caves and were hunter gatherers. When mom and dad had sex, some saw and every body heard . The world did not end. And seeing them nude was a regular thing bathing in a two room house or down at the river.

Back in the early 70's I spent my summers with my cousins in their old farm house. There was only a front door, every room had a curtain in the doorway. Curtains are silent to open a bit to see what those funny noises are ;-) I am betting many a farm kid got their sex ed that way ;-0 Aside from the critters in the pasture.

This post was edited

Well said, one just have to look at kids on the playground to see this. I mean think about it. A kid falls, but if they don't see anyone who saw them. They get up und move along. But [B]IF they have an audience then out come the waterworks.Exactly ;-) My then 5 year old nephew was running around, tripped and fell down. And started belloring, my sister started to get up, I put my hand on her shoulder and pulled her back down, and said watch this as I started laughing at him. He quit crying and looked at me with a confused look on his face, then he started laughing got up and took off like a bat out of hell.

Exactly, children typically behave/react as those i.e. the adults around them behave/react. IF the adults overreact und blow things out of proportion then that is HOW the children will behave/react. If on the other hand the adults act as if nothing significant has happened then that is how the children will behave/react.

This post was edited

Back in the early 70's I spent my summers with my cousins in their old farmhouse. There was only a front door, every room had a curtain in the doorway. Curtains are silent to open a bit to see what those funny noises are ;-) I am betting many a farm kid got their sex ed that way ;-0 Aside from the critters in the pasture.

Yep, it is amazing how things have changed.

This post was edited

Back in the early 70's I spent my summers with my cousins in their old farmhouse. There was only a front door, every room had a curtain in the doorway. Curtains are silent to open a bit to see what those funny noises are ;-) I am betting many a farm kid got their sex ed that way ;-0 Aside from the critters in the pasture.

Yep, it is amazing how things have changed.

This post was edited

I agree 100% with that. Communication and honesty are the keys.

This post was edited

My son had walked in on me and my late husband once. And he has c@ught me jacking off. I just didnt make a big a deal of it

This post was edited