RE:Is There a Sexual Side to Nudism?

What happened to hotharleycouple?

They moved to NY.

This post was edited

Reading this thread is a reminder that this site has a small minority of decent genuine naturists who are outnumbered and shouted down by nasty hateful people such as Ive NEVER met in a naturist setting.

Id like to reassure any new naturists whove had the misfortune to think that Truenudists was a place populated by ... erm ... TRUE nudists, that youre very unlikely to meet nasty, insulting pricks among real naturists. So please dont be put off by the very vocal idiots who denigrate every genuine naturist who posts here. Theyre NOT what you can expect to meet in the real world. The vast majority of real naturists are live and let live, kind, respectful people. Stoneandy, FreeLee and Bravobr are examples of that decency and they have on so many occasions done their best to inject respect and balance into discussions here. But its such a shame that the site allows hate speech etc as is included in some of the above replies! NewYorkCouple and their gratuitously insulting, fascistic friends are not what you can expect to meet when you encounter genuine naturists in the real world. The opposite! As usual such nasty cowardly behaviour is the preserve of bitter, frustrated people whose naturism probably never strays beyond their unhygienic keyboard.

This post was edited

And now to reply to the OP. As a fellow naturist I agree that its a shame that naturism is so often wrongly associated with sexual perversion etc. In fact naturism is the OPPOSITE of perversion - naturism puts the physical manifestation of our humanity back into the balance that nature intended, free from inappropriate shaming and twisted thinking.

Is there a sexual side to naturism? I would say yes! But I dont mean that all naturists are swingers - theyre definitely not! In my opinion theres a sexual side to being human - a sexual side to food, and to all kinds of things. And theres DEFINITELY a sexual side to clothes! In fact swimwear or other clothing can be FAR more sexually provocative than nudity. So lets not pretend that we naturists become asexual when we undress. Lets rather embrace ALL of ourselves with total respect for ourselves and each other in all our diversity and oneness! In a really honest nudist setting couples of all kinds hold hands and show affection and feel free to reveal all of themselves, knowing theyll be celebrated and respected by all the naturists around them. I dont mean swinging on the beach - just liberated nudity where its not only the physical body thats revealed and celebrated.

This post was edited

Em1dub
Very well said!!

This post was edited

Em1dubVery well said!!

Agreed!

This post was edited

I agree with Freedom2b and Em1dub 100%!!
As humans, there will always be a sexual side, but as humans we also have the brain and ability to differentiate between reproduction/lust and just being natural as designed. Those who cannot differentiate are more on the neanderthal side of the population as not being fully developed mentally....

This post was edited

As everyone can see from the number of posts on this it seems to be a controversial topic. When I read the replies I dont really see disagreement. Some say yes, there is a secular side and others say no, but what I see and at least believe myself is that both answers are correct. There is a sexual aspect of being human and that aspect is not lost unless youre dead, so looking at it from that perspective, yes, there is a sexual side to nudism. Looking at it from the other perspective, the one I tend to look at it from, is that nudism is nudism, in other words, its just the preference to be clothes free. So no, there is not a sexual side to nudism. It would be like saying there is a sexual side to drinking a glass of milk. In the first view were looking at nudism from 50,000 feet including all the other parts of humanity, sexuality, feelings, knowledge, etc. In the second we are looking at nudism from 1,000 feet, just including the preference to be clothes free and ignoring all the other parts of humanity just for sake of answering the specific question, but not In relation to life or being human.

This post was edited

Absolutely there is or there wouldn't be all the flip flopping wiener whinners who act as ridiculous as the textiles. Being nude, naked, au naturel as nudist and naturist prefer to do . they realy need to grow up and recognize what is natural to human beings , we are a sexaul creature or least most if their alive yet

This post was edited

Speaking personally there definitely is. I find, personally speaking again, that just taking my clothes off on a nudist beach to be arousing. To walk, sunbathe or swim nude surrounded by complete strangers has the same effect. To read that 65% of naturists are swingers too doesn't surprise me one bit though I'm a little surprised the % is not higher.

This post was edited

To read that 65% of naturists are swingers too doesn't surprise me one bit though I'm a little surprised the % is not higher.

Where are you reading that? I'm wondering if those 65% are males who are wannabe swingers. Now I might believe that 65% of swingers are naturists, but not the other way around.

This post was edited