RE: Is There a Sexual Side to Nudism?

This is a great question, it really got me thinking. For me nudism is not sexual, however, it is sensual. I find the act being naked in the presence of others is what I really enjoy. I do enjoy and always am naked when I'm by myself, but it's something about the social aspect of it that makes it sensual. It's like, we all have insecurities, and by being naked, that makes us vulnerable. But that's something we all share because we are all nude together and we all agree and realize that everyone is different and everyone is beautiful in their own way. That fact that we're all accepting and nonjudgmental gives me this high level of comfort. Now, when I get really comfortable and feel relaxed, I tend to get erections (which I'll cover up if I'm in a social setting). I may appear aroused, but for me it's absolutely nothing sexual during those times. I'm not sure why, but it's been like that ever since I hit puberty over a decade ago. Maybe it's because I'm still young (25 yrs old) but any time I go to sleep, after a few minutes, I get an erection. I've woken up with an erection basically everyday since I hit puberty. Even after a short nap, I wake up with an erection. It happens so much, even my friends and family have noticed and joke about it. It also doesn't depend on how sexually active I am. I just attribute it to my brain linking comfort to erections. This is sometimes inconvenient and slightly embarrassing, because it can be taken as me being aroused when I'm not. This is what I mean when I said that nudism is not sexual but it is sensual. So if you ever see me at some nudist event, and I'm the only one in the water or sitting with a towel over me, you know why! Haha

This post was edited

Do you feel that there is possibly a sexual side to nudism?
Yes, there is a sexual side to nudism. In fact, I'm having sex right now as I write this and boy, is my wife upset about it.
Hey, being sexual is great. Nudism is great. We're humans and we'll all be attracted to each other. Just keep your sex discreet and private and we'll all be happy.

This post was edited

This is something that has me apprehensive about public nudism. I'm single and have chosen to abstain until marriage, but my fear is that others wouldn't share that conviction and might lead me into a compromising situation. I hear on all the "nudist apologist" sites that perverts get the boot at their venues, but what about in just normal social contexts? For others practicing abstinence, is there pressure either from friends or SOs to engage in sexual activity?

This post was edited

This is something that has me apprehensive about public nudism. I'm single and have chosen to abstain until marriage, but my fear is that others wouldn't share that conviction and might lead me into a compromising situation. I hear on all the "nudist apologist" sites that perverts get the boot at their venues, but what about in just normal social contexts? For others practicing abstinence, is there pressure either from friends or SOs to engage in sexual activity?"Others might lead me"? Are you for real? Ever heard of accountability? I know in 2015 it's always someone else's fault, but ....

This post was edited

ausmanvic
Butt Naked More Info #29 Couple | Saigon, Or Seymour / Victoria Australia Viet Nam | 68 & 45RE: Is There a Sexual Side to Nudism?This is something that has me apprehensive about public nudism. I'm single and have chosen to abstain until marriage, but my fear is that others wouldn't share that conviction and might lead me into a compromising situation. I hear on all the "nudist apologist" sites that perverts get the boot at their venues, but what about in just normal social contexts? For others practicing abstinence, is there pressure either from friends or SOs to engage in sexual activity?"Others might lead me"? Are you for real? Ever heard of accountability? I know in 2015 it's always someone else's fault, but ....Accountability, commonsense, civility and responsibility plus other norms have been lost, on this current generation.They survive on peer pressure and the crud that is end to them via the media, including all forms of social media, they can't think for themselves that for sure.
Nudism is very sensual not sexual. It only becomes sexual when those observing nudity, think it as sexual.
It is the observer that then says things that sexualize nudity, hence one of the problems of today's worlds thoughts about nudism or allowing people to enjoy a clothes free environment. It not us nudist that are at fault its the narrow minded nay sayers like the Op. When read the post I was totally flabagasted, but then not surprised.
"Accountability, commonsense, civility and responsibility plus other norms have been lost, on this current generation."
The WHOLE generation???? Are you speaking about your offspring?? My children and grandchildren are fine.

This post was edited

I think the majority of people saying there's not a sexual side to nudism are somewhat lying to themselves. To be human is to be sexual, and it's literally in your DNA to reproduce and get aroused. I find this easier when naked because the thought is much more apparent seeing other sexual organs, however, just because you're naked doesn't mean that in itself is sexual.... If that makes sense.

This post was edited

There is no sexual side to naturism and I'm not lying.
You can be sexually provocative while naked and people are, but that's not naturism.
You can be more sexually provocative as a textile, Anne Summers does not sell naked, Agent Provocateur does not sell naked every ladies clothing shop sells underwear designed to have a sexual side.
S

This post was edited

Quote: Accountability, commonsense, civility and responsibility plus other norms have been lost, on this current generation.
Is this not what...."ALL" the Parents used to say, to anyone that would listen....through each and every one of the Past generations, that have come and gone? LOLPeople are just People......the Kids in this generation, were all raised by the Past generation, and they are all, a by product of those that complain about them now!Geez.....May be....just May be.....those 60's and 70's and 80's and 90's generations.....shouldn't have been so "Free Thinking", with their Dope Smoking.....with their Acid Dropping ways....while being soPolitically Correct, and accepting of everything?LOL......this "SEX" Topic is sooooooo OLD and soooooo Beaten to Death, for the most part.Who really cares, what anyone might really think?Who really cares, what any of our views, really are.People for the most part....are so Hypercritical.They will say one thing to besocially accepted, at the time.... and yet...behind closed doors.....it is the exact opposite. lolEveryone has a good point.....and their own personal views, on what works "for them".Having said that.....we wonder this."IF" there is not a Sexual Side to Nudism....then WHY?....does the Opening Home Page or the Sign In Page of True Nudists....only display, Sexually attractive "FIT" and "Sexy" looking Young Hot Males and and Young Hot Females?Why are there No Out of Shape.....Over Weight - Hideous looking Older people displayed for all to see.....on the Sign In Page?Rather Hypercritical don't you think?Sex and Nudism do certainly go together, whether that is "YOUR" own personal thing, or not.How come we never see a Topic, about all the Drunks and all the Non Stop Drinkers, at the Nudist or Clothing Optional Resorts, that never get out of the pool....all day long? lolHow come we never see a Topic, on all the Non Stop Smokers..who seem to have no regard for all the other Non Smokers around them, at the resorts / beaches?How come we never hear, about the Party Crowd at the resorts, who act as if...it is their very FIRST BEER....."ever"!The "LOUD" party crowd, the non stop drinkers, who do not appear to know or even realize, that Peeing in the Pool... is not acceptable, or the Non Stop Chain Smokers, who have absolutely no consideration, for the others around them....all seem to escape the Bite of the Forum group.But the Topic of SEX....is always at the Top of the List...of the things to debate?I would think.....that Sex and Nudity do go together...."IF"......done "behind" closed doors.We have been involved in Nudity for many years now...., and have visited most of the well know Clothing Optional resorts, over our last 14 years of this Lifestyle.Over that period of time....we have NEVER EVER seen any forms of SEX, going on or in being Openly Displayed, "at any" of the Resorts or Beaches that we have spent any time at.But...the same cannot be said.....for all the "LOUD" "Obnoxious" Party people, or all the Drunks and Smokers that have ruined our days in the Sun, over that same 14 year time frame.Funny.....how no one talks about those issues....but.....everyone LOVES to talk about SEX!Geez.....we wonder why that is?WHY?Because SEX... does Sell!Just look at the "Sign In" Page.

This post was edited

As a nudist I feel that it is unfortunate that Nudism is equated to sexual perversion. Do you feel that there is possibly a sexual side to nudism?

As a single female, I might have a different viewpoint to couples and single males. I mainly like going to beaches and outdoor places to be nude (if the UK was hotter - different story ;) and I've had some quite scary experiences on official and unofficial beaches (it doesn't seem to make a difference). It got so bad that when I go to beaches now I try and place myself next to couples so that I can afford myself some security. On both of the beaches I've been to in the UK, there was some sexual activity. At one naturist resort in France there were young boys who were openly aroused and playing with themselves. For me naturism is all about being natural and free in nature, but I fear for some this is not the case. Why do you think single men get such a hard time? (No pun intended) Because there are plenty of predatory single guys out there who think it's their right to either demand naked chats/photos online (and get upset when I don't comply) and also stalk me on beaches. I feel that there shouldn't be a sexual side to naturism, but I'm afraid that's just not the case. Some people get the two mixed up, and give others a bad name in the process.

This post was edited

Sexual? No. Sensual? Yes.

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] replied "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your profile