RE:Is There a Sexual Side to Nudism?

Naturism/Nudism is being one with Nature. Living in harmony with our planet and apppreciating it's beauty. Whether at home or in a social environment, it is shedding our clothes to feel comfortable in our own skin and, as we all come in various shapes and sizes, knowing and accepting we all are beautiful in our own way. Without judging each other for how we look or who we are. Media's perception of the human form is already more than twisted enough, which often is a source of anxiety for so many of us.

Sure, sexuality is a part of being human, being a creature of our planet, but not of Naturism/Nudism. How difficult can it be to understand this? It should be common sense.

If only more would understand this, separate the two from each other, than there would be less harassment...

This post was edited

Naturism/Nudism is being one with Nature. Living in harmony with our planet and apppreciating it's beauty. Whether at home or in a social environment, it is shedding our clothes to feel comfortable in our own skin and, as we all come in various shapes and sizes, knowing and accepting we all are beautiful in our own way. Without judging each other for how we look or who we are. Media's perception of the human form is already more than twisted enough, which often is a source of anxiety for so many of us.Sure, sexuality is a part of being human, being a creature of our planet, but not of Naturism/Nudism. How difficult can it be to understand this? It should be common sense.If only more would understand this, separate the two from each other, than there would be less harassment...

More words of wisdom gentlemen!

Read it, comprehend it ... live it!

;-)

This post was edited

Naturism/Nudism is being one with Nature. Living in harmony with our planet and apppreciating it's beauty. Whether at home or in a social environment, it is shedding our clothes to feel comfortable in our own skin and, as we all come in various shapes and sizes, knowing and accepting we all are beautiful in our own way. Without judging each other for how we look or who we are. Media's perception of the human form is already more than twisted enough, which often is a source of anxiety for so many of us.Sure, sexuality is a part of being human, being a creature of our planet, but not of Naturism/Nudism. How difficult can it be to understand this? It should be common sense.If only more would understand this, separate the two from each other, than there would be less harassment...More words of wisdom gentlemen!Read it, comprehend it ... live it!;-)

Looking for a 'Like' button.....

This post was edited

Naturism/Nudism is being one with Nature. Living in harmony with our planet and appreciating it's beauty. ...

Interesting concept wolf girl, i agree as my life style and environmental credentials prove and my user name states . Unfortunately I have found little proof that naturists and nature are in fact linked in the majority, any more than it is in the textile world. Naturists might like to be in a 'natural' environment but few have any deeper link with it other than pretty scenery and a quiet location. I find this extremely disappointing as like you for me it is one thing.

Sexuality is the same, for me it something deeper, sensuality- a natural beautiful response to a naked body, this might lead to sexual interaction, but initially it is a deeper link to something instinctive. the sexual side is a permissive thing that requires mutual responses and signals. Many people who ask isn't nudity about sex fail to understand the deeper aspects. just like the connection with the environment it has become detached and formed to suit, this detachment and resulting objectification makes problems as it no longer requires consent (in their mind). Yes a naked body is sexual ( the right one) as it suggests access to normally hidden parts (that visual taboo instantly creates desire) , but naturism should be about sensuality and the beauty of the body and the open appreciation of it. In all it's glory not just another layer of censoring. Many naturists are failing to connect this and become as judgemental as textiles.

When I walk on the beach I touch everything, sand, weed, water creatures and the sun or wind / rain touches me I am sensual. Being naked with others is the same in my mind. sexuality has an agenda an end point, being sensual does not it is in the moment. it just requires an open caring society society where love and mutual respect actually do exist. A love of the environment automatically exists in that world and in t we would not have the problems we have either in trying to stop the exploitation of our plant or our bodies.

This post was edited
RE: Is There a Sexual Side to Nudism?

Your post is the most honest post I've read here I agree fully with it and I will add this In recent years as younger couples have ventured into nudism it appears that swingers are taking over the dwindling nudist community I will also add that I see nothing wrong with this trend To each their own

This post was edited

Your post is the most honest post I've read here I agree fully with it and I will add this In recent years as younger couples have ventured into nudism it appears that swingers are taking over the dwindling nudist community I will also add that I see nothing wrong with this trend To each their own

This post was edited

To me, there can be a sexual side to nudism. But there doesn't have to be. As long as people aren't pushing their version of nudism on to others then I say people can express it in the way they prefer.

This post was edited

Speaking for myself, since becoming a nudist, I haven't felt any more sexual than I did before. It still has its highs and lows. But I'm not sure how valid my experience is, as I am a private nudist, with no exposure to other nudists, so I can't say for certain how I would be affected.

This post was edited

I think that nudism is almost inherently sexual in nature because most of us live in societies where clothing is required for most activities. Nudists like to see and be seen, which is not the norm for society. That's either exhibitionism or voyeurism, and it may be expressed along a continuum of behaviors. I think the folks who claim that nudism is just for the joy of exposing one's genitals to the sun, and for the freedom of not feeling clothing on one's body, they may have very little sexual association with nudism -- but I doubt that its entirely none.

This post was edited

Nudists like to see and be seen, which is not the norm for society.
Yes, it is. People like to see and be seen. They put on flattering clothes & make-up, and go to places where they can see & be seen - the beach, the mall, nightclubs, the laundry mat, church, etc.

One of the excuses you hear from people for not trying nudism is "I'm not good looking enough". These people want to project a certain image, and they don't feel they can do it with just their body.

That's either exhibitionism or voyeurism, and it may be expressed along a continuum of behaviors.
I absolutely agree. But textiles do this, too. They just do it clothed. Now, certainly there are some (many?) nudists who get an extra thrill out of seeing & being seen nude; I won't deny that. But there are also many who do not, and who have feelings of acceptance & non-judgementalism rather than sexiness. Or sometimes they feel one and sometimes they feel the other.

I think the folks who claim that nudism is just for the joy of exposing one's genitals to the sun, and for the freedom of not feeling clothing on one's body, they may have very little sexual association with nudism -- but I doubt that its entirely none.
There is not entirely "none" sexual association with being human amongst other humans. Clothed people flirt. Naked people flirt. Clothed people make sexual innuendos and tell dirty jokes, so do naked people.

The point is not that taking one's clothes off sucks ALL the sexuality out of your body, but that it's not necessarily, or automatically, or even likely, any more sexual than doing anything else.

I would contend that those who find nudism "sexy" are probably also people who have heightened sexiness in general. Whether those types of people are more or less likely to try nudism I think is debatable.

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] replied "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your profile
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your video
  • Next Swipe Swipe