RE:HIV Undetectable

Having been a victim of "studies" I have Multiple Sclerosis from the Flu shot in the 90's. I was made to take the shot in the military and every shot made me ill for weeks to months,.., one even sent me to the ICU in Germany where my German doctor resigned his US Army Contract when he was made to resend his recommendation NOT to give me any further Flu vaccines. All this said,..., Drugs are not always the great saviors, I called the company that makes this HIV preventative and they told me that is was not 100% effective for all folks. This is a fact across the board with ALL HUMANS, we are a like and yet not all the way alike. Yes this undetectable issue is hazy but my test is that IF the meds were stopped would the disease return? of course it would,..., any disease would. The mistake Humans make is that they like to spin words. Undetectable has become the word "safe". Problem is something you can not detect is still there and the arrogance of the Human race is that it thinks it controls Nature. Just like any virus or bacteria, it will adapt and mutate, it already has in Gonorrhea and Syphilis, a number of times to where there are "Super Strains". Just the simple strains of flu can mutate with in a year and once again make an already worthless flu shot almost totally a fool's game so relentless and sophisticated viruses and bacteria will and have done so as well. To fall back on "studies" as the last word,...,, well Mother Nature always has the last word and every living organism has the will and ability to "win",..., and HIV is a very hungry winner sorry to say. Right now I am happy the HIV population has something to make their lives as normal as possible,..., but this 100% faith in Mankind's' ability to conquer all is a bit daunting in my own mind.

OK so first off, I am really sorry you had a vaccine related severe illness. They do happen and that sometimes it's patients who suffer is awful, but it's the price of science. Informed consent is the cornerstone of trials. No one is now given any drug testing or clinical trials or first roll out without knowing the risks. This is how science works. It's not perfect but when you look up the lives saved dollars saved etc over the lives lost, there is no comparison. Every vaccine successfully trialled has worked wonders.

The company that you called, which makes the drug Truvada (just so you understand statistics there is never any 100% result. Ever. It's how stats work. If a company claims 100% effectiveness it's a lie). The highest possible percentile is 99%. Truvada is at 99%, which means it's one of the most successful drugs in the history of drugs (I know this because I've read the comparative research paper on drugs success). So what you're taking as horrible news isn't at all. There are zero drug failures in the Truvada study. There are human failures numbering three. Not even statistically significant. Moreover your really regrettable injury came from the development stage of the drug and it was for a virus completely different in every regard than HIV. Truvada was researched and approved for the poz market long before it became PrEP. It simply isn't fair logical or ethical to compare the failure of early flu drugs to the top of the pack success of hiv prevention drugs. What happened to you didn't happen to any PrEP patients nor was it even possible. This is the science, it is sound, arguing against a drug that has already saved billions of dollars in a crisis and tens of thousands of lives and has not killed nor maimed nor rendered ill one person is really not a good plan. If one person reads that and makes the choice to skip because you convinced them, that's because what is written is not true nor presented properly. You need some basic science to make claims like the ones you make and not having it means you made mistakes.

Undetectable is safe. How the hell are you going to get a disease from someone who has no virus in the blood or semen? I'm really sorry but you don't understand the science again. HIV is a virus. It communicates by blood, by semen and rarely saliva. ARV therapy eliminates the virus from those three places. No. Virus. So sorry, how is the person getting infected by something the other doesn't have? The cohort on that study is now 20,000 it's one of the biggest samples in history, there are zero effective transmissions, this study is not bad because you found one that is, you need to discuss why the methods and results of this study should not be trusted, not claim its tainted by magical transference of bad juju.

The rest is fear mongering. Stop fear mongering.

This post was edited

. Some experts predict that HPV-caused mouth and throat cancers will become more common than cervical cancer by 2020." 3 years ago the official count of HPVs in the Human race was around 140, I have no idea where the other 60 have come from.

*https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/hpv-transmission-during-oral-sex-a-growing-cause-of-mouth-and-throat-cancer-201306046346

Part of being a sexually active person is maintaining sexual health. I for example see the doctor 4 times a year for full blood screening, anal pap, skin issues, and a variety of other tests on longer schedules. I go immediately if I feel sick in any way. He screens for HPV. It's available as a test in most any place modern medicine is. There is a vaccine for this now. I had it along with regular boosters and others. There is no reason this should be a problem if people don't ignore their sexual health. The problem is many don't educate themselves and rely on gp's who may not be worried about these things.

Speaking of herpes, the most deadly form especially for adults, chickenpox is a real threat to even those vaccinated before the 1990's. It's airborne. Anyone who was not recently vaccinated needs a booster. I've had mine. Everybody else should too. Sex like life has risks. Disease kills people. Always has, always will. It's up to each of us to deternine how much risk we will tolerate and how much we will avoid. But no risk avoidance plan is perfect and if all we ever do is worry about the risks we face living we stop living in any real sense of the word.

Re: studies and projections. Different organizations use different data collection models and epidemiology as well as methods to estimate the spread of any given disease. Sometimes new data makes the incidence projection jump because there was a flaw or something not considered previously, sometimes a disease hits critical mass, other times comorbidities factor in. Get screened for HPV and put your mind at rest.

This post was edited

Hello,,

your question re catching HIV from a person who has HIV and is undetectable, is no you cannot catch it, we swing and this has been a concern of course for us, but if you check medical records, NO person has been infected with a person who is undetectable, the medicines now are so save that as long as they continue to take them all is good, no side effects at all with most people taking them either, check the medical sites or ask the HIV people at your hospital about hiv, but they play save and say that it is still better to play safe with a condom because of other virus's of course

This post was edited

Hello,,

your question re catching HIV from a person who has HIV and is undetectable, is no you cannot catch it, we swing and this has been a concern of course for us, but if you check medical records, NO person has been infected with a person who is undetectable, the medicines now are so save that as long as they continue to take them all is good, no side effects at all with most people taking them either, check the medical sites or ask the HIV people at your hospital about hiv, but they play save and say that it is still better to play safe with a condom because of other virus's of course

This post was edited

Hello,,your question re catching HIV from a person who has HIV and is undetectable, is no you cannot catch it, we swing and this has been a concern of course for us, but if you check medical records, NO person has been infected with a person who is undetectable, the medicines now are so save that as long as they continue to take them all is good, no side effects at all with most people taking them either, check the medical sites or ask the HIV people at your hospital about hiv, but they play save and say that it is still better to play safe with a condom because of other virus's of course

The other thing is taking care of sexual health by testing regularly if you're active with more than one partner, getting any abnormal symptoms checked early and informing partners if there's a doubt (better to treat and not have an STI than to not treat and have it transmitting) and following your gut instincts about what is good for you and not. Condoms are very effective but only if used correctly. They fail 3 to 15% otherwise for vaginal sex low end anal sex high end. Those are horrible stats. Proper size not expired or heated by storing lotsa lube and no oils.

It also bears saying oral sex is a vector for all the other STI s and few people use condoms for that.

This post was edited