RE:I /We really enjoy using the outdoor shower at the New Terra Cotta Resort in Palm Springs, we prefer using them the rooms shower! Have always had an enjoyable time visiting the clothing optional re

The original Terra Cotta Inn didn't have an outdoor shower. I discussed this with the owner, Tom, and he stated that it would be too expensive to put one in due to permit requirements. I think he was thinking of a shower connected to the sewer line. A pit shower or rinse off shower would have been just as great but they never put one in.

At the new Terra Cotta Resort and Spa, owned by someone else but managed by Tom, there was not outdoor shower initially. There was talk of putting one in and Tom showed us where the owner wanted to put it. Adjacent to the purposed spot was an alcove that had 3 trash bins in it. Our group of friends along with several other couples were discussing this purposed shower location and I asked the women if they'd be comfortable taking a proper shower out in the open where the purposed shower was thought to go. When they all said, "no. A little privacy would be nice," I talked to John, the owner of TCRS and told him about the alcove location for the outdoor shower.

We spoke in length about cost and such and I told him, "you've spent so much money on other things to transform this place into a first rate nude resort, while cheapen it by putting some piping and a shower head in an area where none of the women will use it. We talked more about the type of hardware and that new shower was were it was because of the discussion we had with the owner. We were all happy that he made that change and spent the extra money to make it a outdoor shower most all of his guests preferred to use.

John asked my wife and I to be part of his group that made property and policy advice to the owner and manager. Tom had always accepted input from his frequent guests at TCI. John saw the benefit in this and wanted a small group of frequent guests to do the same. Too bad it didn't last and the place sold. It really turned out to be an awesome property. My one regret is that a certain group would visit and ruin the experience and atmosphere for all the other guests.

This post was edited
RE:I /We really enjoy using the outdoor shower at the New Terra Cotta Resort in Palm Springs, we prefer using them the rooms shower! Have always had an enjoyable time visiting the clothing optional re

I understand what you are saying Andy. When I helped Jeff and Judy renovate the Kismet Inn at Living Waters Spa, I strongly encouraged Jeff to put in an outdoor shower there (on the south west side where the large blank wall was located near the opaque glass block wall), and even volunteered to do all of the work, but Jeff never did. Now, LWS has been sold to a textile group. Sad.

Don

This post was edited

More in private message... hawk!

;D

This post was edited