RE: Driving naked ... what's your reason and what are your experiences

Tried it a couple of times at night after leaving a friend's house several years ago. It felt bold and daring! However, I was too concerned about the possibility of getting stopped by a police officer for some traffic violation or what would happen if I got into an accident that I did not do so again. Many times after spending a long day at Wildwood Naturist Resort a few years ago when I was a member there, I always found it hard to put shorts and a shirt back on for the 60 mile drive home at night but felt that doing so was best just to be safe.The first few times I tried it I was so worried about being seen etc. that I didn't enjoy it at all.
It helped that I started doing it a bit at a time. In the summer I would take my shoes and socks off and put on a pair of crocs before leaving work. I would then at a suitable point when not moving remove my trousers and replace them with shorts.
I then extended the time between taking off my trousers and putting on the shorts until I just didn't bother any more.
When sat in the car with a shirt on, nobody outside the car can tell I'm not wearing shorts. I'm 100% certain I've never been seen.
Yes if there is an accident or I get stopped then there could be a problem, I just drive carefully and don't do anything that would give the police reason to stop me. As I said, I'm covered by my shirt anyway, and it's no problem to just pop by trousers back on should I need to.
Now that I've learned to relax and enjoy the feeling, I hate it when I can't drive bottomless.

This post was edited

Reason? Oh, It's just fun. I find that is more comfortable. When I was younger I suppose there was a modicum of that "feeling of getting caught" that has worn off I just like to be nude and carry over into driving. As far as experiences. Well let's see....I had a trucker throw a water soaked roll of paper towels out his window at me, hit my windshield. This after he had two of his trucker buddies box me in. I've haddrivers in higher profile cars drive past me then slow down and let me go by so they could do it again. So I can't say I've never been seen. But I do find that most people don't notice. They only see what they expect to see on the highway. I've been enjoying the recent warm weather and driving quite often nude on my trips around town. Driving naked just makes driving more enjoyable.

This post was edited

We just took a road trip in a rented SUV. We drove over 3000 miles and I did most of it naked. What was funny about the naked drives was that I had packed a pair of shorts and a t shirt or sport shirt for the first several days. Once we were at our friend's home, there was no need for clothes, since they are also nudists.
My wife commented that the shorts and shirt I'd worn the first day should not be dirty because I wore it to get in the car and stopped to fill up for gas. Once that was done, I took everything off, only to put it back on at our first hotel and I put it on to check in, bring the luggage up to the room and took it all off again. I ended up wearing that same pair of shorts and shirt for 4 days ... getting into the car and getting out of the car. I didn't need as many shorts and t shirts/shirts as I packed! hahahahaha

This post was edited

My reasons are freedom, relaxing and I seem to drive safer and more aware of my surroundings. I have driven nude many, many, many times. From 15 minutes to the store to the entire state of Florida. I used to work/ live in another state frim my wife, so whenever I would go home, a 4 hour drive, I would do it nude. Made the drive much more pleasurable and less taxing. When I drive naked, I will go on main streets during rush hour, daylight, and nude thru toll booths and drive thrus. Once at a fast food place, the clerk in the window noticed I had no shirt on, but asked if I was naked. All I did was smile and said look for yourself. She leaned out the window to deliver my food and had a huge smile when she saw me without anything on. She said have a great day with her huge smile.

This post was edited

I drive naked for the freedom, it's comfortable and for the fun. I drove naked while driving to the local nudist resort and back home, wanting to extend the experience as long as possible. It's about a half hour drive to the Ponderosa along a busy highway used by big trucks as well. I have driven home nude after DJing dances. After loading my equipment into my SUV, I slipped of my shorts and shirt, drove home wearing only socks and shoes. I didn't drive straight home, stopped at my local pub for last call. I did get dressed before entering the pub. Keep having fun everyone, and share your naked stories.

This post was edited

This is definitely my mantra!

Naturism definitely is a mindset!

For me it's about taking any opportunity to be clothes-free in order to experience body freedom - whether that be in a naturist environment, at home, in nature or driving my car!

This post was edited
RE:Driving naked ... what's your reason and what are your experiences

My reason? Because I can and it feels great!

My experiences? Well, as anybody who's driven nude knows, it feels wonderful to drive nude - especially with the windows down and the wind blowing all over.

As for an unusual experience for me, I was stopped at (in) a cross walk the other day and saw several pedestrians waiting for the light who were NOT staring down at their phones. They were talking to each other and observing traffic! So I covered myself with the towel wrap I was sitting on. That's the first time I did that for pedestrians. Even when I'm stopped at a traffic light with pedestrians standing on the corner, they're normally staring at their phones and not looking at me. I don't think most are even aware of anything/anybody inside of the cars.

This post was edited

The extended freedom of been a nudist and it feels far more pleasant as well and I have driven long distances and short distances nude and I think I have been seen a couple of times doing it.

This post was edited

I do most of the driving when it's my wife and I or when we drive to a function/event with friends. Because I drive naked so often, it feels strange to drive while clothed and I have to be mindful of what it looks like from the back seat when I'm tugging at my shorts to move a seam around.

As stated, driving naked has always been an extension of our nudist lifestyle here at home. I'm more at ease, less tense and irritated when I drive naked and nowadays, that's what's needed to deal with many of the drivers of today that spend more time doing other things than concentrating on driving.

When my wife drives, I'm not a very good passenger, unless I'm naked! So when she drives, she always says, "get in, sit down, get naked and shut up!" :DDDDD

This post was edited

Don't you feel conspicuous being nude in such an open situation.
I drive my convertible in just shorts often or occasionally a speedo, but haven't gotten the nerve to do it nude!
The feeling driving a convertible wearing very little is great, and I am sure being nude is even better, but I am not daring enough to try it.

This post was edited