RE: Nusidm with the family

Our main concern is that if a boy has incidental contact with his mother's breasts, is that going to be awkward / confusing for him. Sort of pre-empting a yes answer we wondered what boundaries parents had setup (e.g. don't expect a hug when we are on the beach)Your post presents a view that it's not necessary and you make a helpful distinction between incidental touch and explorative. If its been your experience that children can understand this difference then that is very useful thing and that's the advice we joined the site for.Incidental contact with his mother's breast in not going to be awkward or confusing unless you make it such. Incidental and even explorative touch or looking is natural and if any nudist parents/grandparents have not experienced this, then it's probable that they are not nude around their children or grandchildren. You don't make a big deal out of it while they are young. They will ask questions, point and even touchand it's best to not make themfeel as though they've done something nasty or wrong. It's important toanswer questions honestly in a manner they can understand. They will grow up understanding differences in touching, looking and will soon not make a big deal out of it themselves and move on to something different to ask you about.
We've dealt with this with our children and our grandchildren. With 5 grandkids, they've all grown up seeing us naked at various times here at home. They've all asked questions, they all have looked, stared and we've initiated the conversation by saying ... "do you have questions about something?" I think they appreciated us breaking the ice. Because of this open and honest approach, the older ones were amazingly comfortable in spending an entire week at a nude beach resort, with us and their parents and many of our close friends. By the second day ... they didn't even notice that so many people around them were naked and they didn't pay much attention to the fact that they were also naked. The younger ones didn't want to put clothes on the entire week and would have preferred to remain at the resort, on the beach, then to get dressed and go explore the island.

This post was edited

We were referring to accidental rather than inappropriate, alluding to the fact that things are more free to move around when one is nude. As you say, inappropriate is quite straightforward but the question is really about whether another set of boundaries are needed to reduce the likelihood of accidental contact.

Accidental contact is just that, accidental, it makes no difference just because you are nude. Hugging a child is never inappropriate as long as it's amemberof yourfamily groupand is happy yo be hugged.

This post was edited

Ok,so I'm now single due to my wife passing but we have always been nudists.We took in four of our grandchildren seven years ago and they are myresponsibilityalone now.Nudity is the norm at home and every one is comfortable that.Keep it simple with children ( If it's notproperin a clothed venue it's not proper in a nude venue.). Children understand this and nothing more needs be said.Never miss a chance to hug your children.

This post was edited

Our two daughters have always been nudists with us at our pool and on vacations. We have never had a trouble with our girls but have had a few incidents on beaches with other people. Overall it has always been very positive

This post was edited

My comment is act as if you were wearing clothes, the kids will adapt at their own pace.
My first marriage where I did have children I did not change my attitude when dealing with the kids whether I was nude or clothed. Just the wife was a prude and was never nude outside the bedroom, and I would let the kids choose if they wanted to go clothed or skinny in the pool when mum was not around.
Re. Accidental touching of nude bodies, the worst thing is a bad reaction that sends the wrong message. A quick "oops sorry" is often the softly softly approach and doesn't raise issues.
The current environment I live in in Asia is very much restrictive, to the point if one is offering to give another of the opposite sex a hug even with clothes on its touching shoulders only with the arms kept at shoulder blade height with the body bent at the waist. Similar to how many nudist hug if they are naked. I prefer the full body to body hug dressed or not.

This post was edited

Re. Accidental touching of nude bodies, the worst thing is a bad reaction that sends the wrong message. A quick "oops sorry" is often the softly softly approach and doesn't raise issues.

Pretty much.

I've met with some "concerns" in my time about "father-daughter" interactions while nude. "What about physical contact?" While my daughter was growing up nudist, and as we bathed, played around, hugged and wrestled; invariably we had our share of "oops" (more likely "ouch!") moments. It happens; and the best course of action is a "soft approach" (as "just be careful where you punch me" lol!); rather than a visceral reaction that would only bring a sense of shame to the situation.

As far as boundaries we did set some in regards to touching; but not without explaining why first.

I once listened to a podcast about raising children nudist. One woman shared that once she caught her daughter staring at her husband's genitals while on a nudist vacation, it was over for her and she decided the family needed to quit nudism. That, to me, is "lacking understanding." Because that happens. When my daughter reached that stage, we called a family meeting, sat down nude together and had an honest talk about human anatomy. It went over very well; she "got it" and moved on.

When my daughter got taller I shifted the hug from "full body" to "sideways"for obvious reasons (at least to me.) A friend of mine made no such adjustment with her son; but then again there are anatomical differences to consider.

I met a nudist Dad once who told me there were NO boundaries established in his household. Him, his son, daughter and wife often bathed and washed each other; and they even took turns with nude family massages.

To each his/her own; whatever works for your family!

This post was edited

To each his/her own; whatever works for your family! Nothing
to add.

This post was edited

Me thinks thou is correct and OP hasn't signed in for almost a year.

This post was edited

Me thinks thou is correct and OP hasn't signed in for almost a year.

Will this statement might be correct I am glad the thread is here because we are new to the site and this is something I have thought about as my wife and have been practicing a degree of nudism at home at least with now 4 kids aged 9 and down. We are talking about expanding how we practice nudism and I want to raise them in a healthy mindset. Many comments here have been helpful to me so thank you to all who posted information from their experience.

This post was edited

Hi,
We don't see any form of touching as a problem but touching the genital areas should be warned against, saying it is inappropriate.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy