A new dilemma

We have numerous acres of property in which we keep mowed. We are surrounded in most areas by woods. I always mow while naked and the wife in a very limited state of dress when she mows. We also enjoy our naked hikes around our property. Unbenounced to us the property butting the back of our property was sold recently to a new family. Anyway. Three days ago while riding the cart around the property with only a t-shirt on I noticed on one of the treeson the property line was a hunters camera pointing into our property. I dont know if I was caught bottomless on camera or not. I slipped on my shorts and made a motion on to the camera showing my property was posted no hunting and please remove the camera. Yesterday I went back to check to see if it was gone and encountered the new neighbor. I was in the motion of covering the camera with a note since I didnt know who it belonged to. We discussed the camera issue and he claims it was just to watch the wildlife in our clearing on our property. Innocent enough I guess but without details to him about our nudity I requested it to at least be redirected if not removed. He wasnt buying it and I feel we have lost our freedom on our property and I find on top of it he has two daughters which I assume are maybe early teens. Any opinions on this from others? I guess technically I cant stop him and he claims not to have looked at his pics in the last few days. So I dont know if Ive been caught partially dressed or not.

This topic was edited
RE: A new dilemma

The pond that I frequently fish at is surrounded by another farm whose owner has permission to hunt on that property also. I often wonder if he has set up any trail cameras and am on the look out for them. I have never seen one, but I know he has some set up elsewhere on his property. The pond attracts all kinds of wildlife so I wouldn't be surprised if he did place one there. Let me know the outcome of this. I would be inclined not to worry about this since you are on your property, but with new neighbors you never know.

This post was edited

Might be time to plant something that grows tall and fast along the property line. Clumping bamboo or Italian Cyprus, to block the view.

This post was edited

I noticed on one of the trees on the property line was a hunters camera pointing into our propertyHave you had your property surveyed to know exactly where the property line is? If the line runs through the tree, and the camera is hanging on your side, you have the right to remove it. Having said that, it would be better to insist that HE remove it. And simply explain that, for you, it's a privacy issue. If that doesn't work, I'd then check with local law enforcement about Peeping Tom laws and start planting bamboo. I don't know beans about Pennsylvania law but I can't believe you'd have a legal problem at this point, being "caught" on your own property while having no clue that your privacy was being invaded. In fact, it seems to me that HE would be the one with the problem.

This post was edited

We discussed the camera issue and he claims it was just to watch the wildlife in our clearing on our property.What kind of wildlife? Deer? I think I would eliminate his claim by temporarily fencing the clearing and putting a hound dog in there until the bamboo grows up lol!

This post was edited

I believe that as long as your new neighbor keeps his surveillance equipment on his property he can point it in any direction he likes. If you want to restrict what can be observed from his property you must make provisions to block his view. If he tries to circumvent your privacy measures then I believe you could claim invasion of privacy and get the authorities involved. It sounds like the relationship with your new neighbor did not get off to a good start and that is now aggravating the situation. It might have been better to reveal the cause of your concerns about the camera and work out some sort of deal with him. Maybe he's one of us, or is indifferent to nudity.

This post was edited

Might be time to plant something that grows tall and fast along the property line. Clumping bamboo or Italian Cyprus, to block the view....... and a keyword here is "Clumping". Very important. Don't get the Running kind.

This post was edited

His camera is set up on his property just inside of the property stake. He was smart enough for that. I did talk to him and he isnt a bad guy but im sure through our conversation he isnt into the nudist scene and probably would be a bit peeved upon seeing us so. He nicely informed me that he didnt feel he was invading my privacy being it was pointed at my house. I think he would climb a tree in order to set up the camera over anything I plant. He says his daughter and wife are into photography and like pics of wildlife and the sunsets over my property. Not worth consulting a lawyer over it and cause trouble. We will just have to cover up in that area and hike nude in other areas of our property.

This post was edited

We will just have to cover up in that area and hike nude in other areas of our property.I consider myself a reasonable and tolerant guy. But I wouldn't just roll over and give up my privacy, property rights, and $value$ that easily. If he's willing to climb a tree to see into your property when he knows he's aggravating you, there's more going on than just looking at wildlife. If you can do without that clearing, why not offer him an easement strictly for the purpose of photographing it? Even at $50 bucks a month, you'd soon find out if he's serious about what he's saying. And even if he's serious, he may realize there's wildlife on his property too. You may end up with no remedy at all but I wouldn't give up without at least trying.

This post was edited

Illegitimi non carborundum. Thatis a mock Latin aphorism meaning "Don't let the bastards grind you down". Don't roll over and give in to the bastards.Find out what the law allows for you to erect on your property. Are you allowed to erect a fence and what is the maximum height allowed? What is the minimum set back? You don't have to erect a full fence, you just need a small section in front of his camera and as close to your property line as possible. Possibly asheet of plywoodas little as a 4' X 8' will do the trick. During election season you could erect a political sign. They are usually protected from the same construction requirements that a fence must meet. Most politicians have 4' X 8' signs that they are happy to see being erected anywhere. You may be able to get a tent structure that may be tall enough to do the trick. There are children's play sets and tree houses that might do what you need done. You could string a high clothes line that you could use to dry your sheets. There is no law against washing your sheets every day and your sheets do not have to be white. They could becamouflage colored. There are several more options that may be available to you rather that giving in. Good luck.

This post was edited

All good ideas. I am thinking of planting some sunflowers along the edge of the property between us. They grow tall and look nice. I wont probably see him again (or them me) for that matter especially in the undressed state for the next week since it is now cold out and wexwill be leaving next week to our southern home for the winter. I figure when we return in spring having a conversation with him and explain why I prefer our privacy. From his yard or house we are blocked by dense trees so he would need either walk through the woods to my property or use his camera to view us. I feel our property is secluded enough and if he insists on viewing the area I will notify authorities and find out my rights.

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] replied "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your profile
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your video
  • Next Swipe Swipe