RE: Nudists in the Textile World

Great discussion going on here, so I thought I would jump in.A little background is necessary......I discovered nudism years ago while living in Europe. I stumbled across a nude area while hiking on the Danube River - as there you can just do it, within reason, no need for out of the way clubs, resorts etc. I was so nervous, embarrassed, etc when I first realized where I was. It was not until I joined in that I suddenly felt completely at ease and relaxed. I was hooked!Fast forward a bit, I returned to the states and started dating someone. It was serious. I made the intimations about finding someplace to go nude, which was retuned wth a laugh off. The most I ever was able to coax my now ex-wife to do was topless for a few minutes in South Beach. While her inablitliy to accept nudism was not the reason for our divorce, it was symptomatic of her inability to support me. But I digress.I am now divorcee for 2 years. After my divorce, I made a decision that I would never again subvert my wants and as part of this, I have been open with women that I date that I really enjoy being nude - be that at home while we are just hanging out or if that means finding a nudist area to visit. To my surprise, the vast majority of women have been completely open to the I idea!! None have been closed off or run away shrieking or ended the relationship. I found this very surprising and great!!!However, the sad part has been what usually follows after the initial interest....."Maybe we can go after I lose a few pounds?" "I like the idea but no one wants to see me naked" or some other self-deprivation or disparaging commentary.I always try to explain that they are missing the point! That nudism is not about that at all. It is about being proud and confident in one's own skin!! In my opinion, nudism is the complete opposite of what they think. It is this, to me, that is so attractive about nudism. It is a great equalizer. There are no airs amongst nudists. Nudist tend to be truly naked - both physically and intellectually......allowing everything out in the open!!!I have rambled on enough.If you have read this far, thanks!If you and the significant other were to visit a clothing optional site (where she could keep her extra pounds covered) you would notice that most people are carrying a few, or more, extra pounds, have bulges and blemishes, and nobody cares. No one will run up to you and tell y'all to cover up a few inches of that belly.

This post was edited
RE: Nudists in the Textile World

To reply #34.......I am single and have been a member of our local nudist club for over 10 years, but thank you though.

This post was edited