Where To Next?

I am so looking forward to warmer weather, and I'm trying to decide where to go, next. I really want to go to Mountain View Resort in Colorado, but it's going to have to warm up a lot there and later, so I will probably go elsewhere in Texas or back to Oaklake Trails in OK. Mountain View looks so beautiful.

This topic was edited
RE: Where To Next?

Why not make a trip to Wildwood or Blue Bonnet? They are closer to you and would be easier to get to. At least that would be a start for the year.

This post was edited

I am so looking forward to warmer weather, and I'm trying to decide where to go, next. I really want to go to Mountain View Resort in Colorado, but it's going to have to warm up a lot there and later, so I will probably go elsewhere in Texas or back to Oaklake Trails in OK. Mountain View looks so beautiful.Mountain View Resort? Is that a nude resort or textile? I'm aware of Mountain Air Ranch but not Mountain View Resort.

This post was edited

I'm relitively sure he's referring to Mt. Air. Very pretty area but a bit cool at this time of year.

This post was edited

I'm relitively sure he's referring to Mt. Air. Very pretty area but a bit cool at this time of year.We visited in July, a couple years ago, and it was cold there then! Warmed up in the afternoon but we were at the Drag Races in Bandimere. Still, we got in a good day of hiking and sitting around the pool.

This post was edited

I'm relitively sure he's referring to Mt. Air. Very pretty area but a bit cool at this time of year.We visited in July, a couple years ago, and it was cold there then! Warmed up in the afternoon but we were at the Drag Races in Bandimere. Still, we got in a good day of hiking and sitting around the pool.
I, too, went in July or August a couple of years ago on my way to a business trip in Colorado Springs. It was plenty warm by the time I got there just after noon, but there were thunderstorm warnings and I didn't think wandering around nude on the top of a mountain was a great idea if lightning was going to be in the area! It was still a great way to de-stress after a cross-country flight and while waiting for the evening commute traffic to clear out.

This post was edited

I, too, went in July or August a couple of years ago on my way to a business trip in Colorado Springs. It was plenty warm by the time I got there just after noon, but there were thunderstorm warnings and I didn't think wandering around nude on the top of a mountain was a great idea if lightning was going to be in the area! It was still a great way to de-stress after a cross-country flight and while waiting for the evening commute traffic to clear out.It had rained heavily before we got there in late July. The cabin were we stayed with our friends, was a challenge to get to the front door and back to the car with little to no mud on our flip flops! Once away from the cabin, the ground was wet but no standing water or puddles to dodge. The cabin needed some much needed repairs. The roof leaked and the carpet around the fireplace was wet but we and our friends made the best of it and enjoyed ourselves. We will return in July of this year to the Drag races and probably to MAR.

This post was edited

I, too, went in July or August a couple of years ago on my way to a business trip in Colorado Springs. It was plenty warm by the time I got there just after noon, but there were thunderstorm warnings and I didn't think wandering around nude on the top of a mountain was a great idea if lightning was going to be in the area! It was still a great way to de-stress after a cross-country flight and while waiting for the evening commute traffic to clear out.It had rained heavily before we got there in late July. The cabin were we stayed with our friends, was a challenge to get to the front door and back to the car with little to no mud on our flip flops! Once away from the cabin, the ground was wet but no standing water or puddles to dodge. The cabin needed some much needed repairs. The roof leaked and the carpet around the fireplace was wet but we and our friends made the best of it and enjoyed ourselves. We will return in July of this year to the Drag races and probably to MAR.
Mt. Air sits at about 7000 ft so it can be cold on any given day. It's been snowing all across the front range for the last few days and we had a serious storm last week so I'm pretty sure any activities at MAR would be confined to the indoors.

During the summer season, it's very typical to experience cool clear mornings with clouds and thundershowers rolling in later almost every day. They usually fire up early in the afternoon and give way to clear sky's late in the day. Rain showers at that altitude can make it real cold in a hurry, and lightning is a very real danger. That said, it can be very warm and dry all day from mid May to early June when thunder shower season gets going. If you're in the area in September, be sure to pay them a visit - September has to be one of the nicest months of the year along the front range!

This post was edited