Moderator Candidates for Chat Room

So here is the short list I've compiled for moderators of the chat room. If you would like to suggest someone, or a reason why a certain candidate shouldn't be included please respond here (Please try to be polite)
TallSwimmer
AndyBruce
jackieinoz
ozzietazz
RabbitnBunny
willnsue
Snugglebunny
txag_1975

This topic was edited
RE: Moderator Candidates for Chat Room

I havent had the pleasure of speaking with all the candidates before but of the ones I have, Rabbitnbunny, Snugglebunny, Tallswimmerand jackienoz I think they are great choices. Good people.

This post was edited

I agree with this list.

This post was edited

Agreed, jeeps would be a good add.

This post was edited

I would highly recommend Txag_1975. He's friendly, polite, everyone likes him and he doesn't take any garbage in a very nonconfrontational way. I don't know if he's applied or not but I'd bet he'd accept if it was offered.
Jen

This post was edited

I totally endorse TXAG he got me to this site and has an Adult attitude to chat and people in the room.. however i would also like to ask is it Jen as in sungglebunny if so then i endorse her.. otherwise i am sorry i do not endorse ..

I would like to ask.. if it is a person who is part of a couple using same name...does that mean BOth are moderators or who?? and do they both get to moderate and "see"the room? I feel this needs to be thought out clearly and carefully and made known to all members here..

cheers

Cheers

This post was edited

I would highly recommend Txag_1975. He's friendly, polite, everyone likes him and he doesn't take any garbage in a very nonconfrontational way. I don't know if he's applied or not but I'd bet he'd accept if it was offered. Jen
Thanks Jen, you and Steve would definately be on my short list if it was my job to select Mods.
I didn't apply because I haven't been on much lately, but now that my job is slowing down I would accept if offered.
Thomas

This post was edited

I havent had the pleasure of speaking with all the candidates before but of the ones I have, Rabbitnbunny, Snugglebunny, Tallswimmerand jackienoz I think they are great choices. Good people.
I am same way but I also know willnsue and they are great too

This post was edited

Yup - add Jeeps and Txag - on the grounds they did not seek office and my limited experience of chat is that they are fair minded, even tempered and very pleasant.

Love n stuff
Rudie x

This post was edited

I've added txag_1975 and I did ask Jeeps if she was interested. I haven't heard back from her yet.
If you would like a separate account set up, we can do that or I can just assign admin privileges to
your current account. Mods will have the ability to kick and ban users from chat. The new forum will
have the ability for moderators to delete posts that break the rules.

As far as how they were chosen, most candidates here have been with the site a long time and have
a history of helping me keep it clean. I believe they also have the same goal for the site as I do.
I've kept all the emails for future moderators and will appoint more if necessary.

I will be putting together some guidelines for the moderators as to what qualifies for kicking and
banning users from chat, and should have everything implemented by the weekend.

This post was edited

As many of you will know, this old box won't allow me to go into chat,
and I already spend far too much time here anyway, so I don't really
feel that my opinion should really count for much, but anyway, for what
it's worth.

I would just say that I'm sure all these suggestions would be good.
I would hesitate to nominate, for fear of missing someone. With the
exception of a few recent ones, that I don't yet know so well, pretty
much anyone on my friends list would be good.

Not everyone has the time, so I would think the best way to go, would
be to list all the volunteers, and run a poll. But having said that, the
more the merrier, as it would spread the workload, and will stand more
chance of success, if each moderator was not under pressure to give
up too much of their time. Hopefully there will be a good Geographical mix,
so that cover can be made over the full 24 hours.

Perhaps if you appointed a board of say six long time members, who we
all know and love, who also have experience of the chat, and let them elect
mods that they know to be of sound mind :)

Oh, and to avoid any risk of any unpleasant reprisals, I would suggest they
each have a Mod ID, say Mod1, Mod 2, etc.

This post was edited