Introduce my 10 y/o kid to nudism

My son is 10. he grew up with his grandparents where nudity, of course, was not a subject of discussion. When I told him that it would be okay to be naked at home; he kind of embraced and started sleeping naked often; but after a while (probably after being teased at school), stopped any interested in nudism. He's okay with seeing me naked on weekends and he's find with walking naked from bedroom to shower; but that's it.
I'm not sure if he's ready to go with me to the local nudist resort or he will get too impressed with it.

This topic was edited
RE: Introduce my 10 y/o kid to nudism

I'm not sure here. Are you asking a question, looking for advice, or just telling us about your experience?

This post was edited

Sorry for not being more specific... was looking for suggestions about introducing him to nudism.

This post was edited

Yes... we talked about P.I. "Private Information". That we don't share everything that happens in the house with others, including nudity. But... he did it anyway. Not sure how to undo the teasing. He works very hard to "belong" with his peers (other issues there).
Yes... he's at that age of morning and not-morning erections. We talked about it several times as something normal for boys. He was okay about it and very open to ask questions. I guess this is the age of getting more and more self-councious and ashamed of his body, right?

This post was edited

It will probably take time. Patience is gong to most likely be the key here. Ask him how he feels about going to a resort. Listen to what he has to say, at 10, that little mind is working overtime. If he's not interested, you may have to go alone for a while. He's right on the cusp of puberty where suddenly "I'm no longer comfortable with my body, it's doing strange things and I'm embarassed" meets "wow, I never noticed those girls before and when I look at them I feel strange". Most child nudists back away from nudism during puberty, it's just natural. They don't understand the feelings they are getting now and feel embarassed by them and you want them to "Take their clothes off?!?!?!?!". Over-reaction is common place. Peer pressure is going to be key. He probably thought that telling a friend would either A) take some of the stress off it, to have a peer say "cool", or B) wanted the group to say "cool, I wish I could do that".
You might be able to lessen the peer impact, by talking to him about what his group feels is cool. Maybe even using the "male sexuality card" by suggesting that (only if the group feels there is something to sexuality - if they are telling dirty jokes and acting manly) a nudist lifestyle offers access to be more manly and have access to women. Temper that with reality though dad.
Most important, no matter what happens, be a friend. Stick with him no matter what his decision. He is uncertain about everything.
MY Disclaimers:
I am not trained in any psycology or medical field, I do not have a son, so take all of this with a big grain of salt. What I do have is the experiences of my daughters and my own experiences with my father from when I was about that age. I believe when we pulled up to the first nudist place I said "But Dad, I'd rather go fishing!"
good luck
j

This post was edited

No. There is no mom that would ask, know, or complain about it.
I guess I have 1 years to get him ready for a visit to the local family nudist campground. We'll see.

This post was edited

p style="margin-bottom: 0in;"I don't have a lot of experience with this particular situation either. I have found that most of the time the less of a big deal that you make the thing out to be the easier it will be for them to make the transition. It's kind of a pressure issue I think. Not saying that you are pressuring him into it but kids perceive things like that differently. My niece was 10 the first time I took her to the hot spring. My girlfriend at the time was with us and there was another couple already there when we arrived. Long story short after about 10 minutes there my niece and her friend where asking us if they could take off their swimsuits. I think they actually felt out of place with everyone else being nude. That and the fact that we didn't make a huge deal out of being nude or not probably made them feel more comfortable about being nude themselves.

This post was edited

I think you should take him to a resort so he can see others unclothed and get a feel of the kind; polite; non-sexual activity.
Apparently he knows you are a nudist?? Either teach him and show him the proper way or discourage it. That is just my opinion for what its worth

Good Luck

This post was edited

Sometimes a little healty persuasion does go a long way I suppose.

This post was edited

He didn't use any persuation. She had the choice of joining us or not, and she chose to join us. Her dad had paid to get into the resort, and he wasn't leaving just because she was a little shy. She quickly got over her shyness.
That's pretty much what I meant by persuasion...."I'm the dad and we're here now and that's that."

This post was edited

He didn't use any persuation. She had the choice of joining us or not, and she chose to join us. Her dad had paid to get into the resort, and he wasn't leaving just because she was a little shy. She quickly got over her shyness.That's pretty much what I meant by persuasion..."I'm the dad and we're here now so that's that."

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] invited you to his event [[TITLE]]
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • Next Swipe Swipe