Nude swimming in high school

Did anyone have to swim nude in high school? It was required in The Chicago area (Cook County) for quite some time, late 1970's

This topic was edited
RE: Nude swimming in high school

LOL, my high school didn't even have a pool, so I guess you could say no.
Gator1

This post was edited

I heard of a boys boarding school where they swam nude and were still doing it in the late 70's.
Then they allowed girls to join the school............ who also had to swim nude!!

This post was edited

when i was in 5th grade the boys annd girls pe classes were seperated and the boys were nude but in 6th grade we had both boys and girls and we wore suites that was back in the 70s

This post was edited

LOL, my high school didn't even have a pool, so I guess you could say no. Gator1

LOL same here. But we did have to shower after PE and boys and girls locker rooms each had a big shower room. This was in the 70s, now when my son went to school, showeres were not required and most ddidn't shower.

This post was edited

When I was in high school we did not have a pool either, but Physical Education (Gym) was a required course and taking a shower afterwards was also required.

In those days swimming pools in the YMCA and Boys' clubs allowed (some even required) nude swimming. It was the norm.

Now things have changed. Most of the Ys have gone co-ed as have the former Boys' clubs. I understand that showers in many schools are no longer used.

This post was edited

We were REQUIRED to get naked, go through the shower gauntlet, and enter the pool area and swim naked.
Isn't that kinda strange??

This post was edited

Did anyone have to swim nude in high school? It was required in The Chicago area (Cook County) for quite some time, late 1970's
Back in my home town of Milwaukee, in the mid 60's, the High School I attended had swimming as a PE activity and yes, we did swim nude. Not only that, we had to travel down a back hallway and two flights of stairs to get to the pool, all of us nude. At first it was a bit intimidating, but after a couple of times it just seemed like the natural thing to do. Unfortunately, it was not co-ed. Oh to be 16 again!!

This post was edited

Iattended a New York City Public High School, 1962 - 1965. Swimming class was mandatory for all students, with males and females in separate classes; the maleswere requiredto swim nude.

This post was edited

Both my Junior Hig and Senior High schools had Olympic-sized pools. Yes, the boys were required to swim nude. That is from 7th grade through 12th grade. I graduated High School in 1966.

John

This post was edited

Both my Junior Hig and Senior High schools had Olympic-sized pools. Yes, the boys were required to swim nude. That is from 7th grade through 12th grade. I graduated High School in 1966.

John

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] invited you to his event [[TITLE]]
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • Next Swipe Swipe