"Dis-invited from a Group"

Ironically I spend quite a bit of time in another state, and have property there. I go down for about two to three months usually on average per year. If I can go more I do, if it's less than it's less. I joined a "nudist group" there via Truenudists. I was just disinvited for joining because the creator decided I wasn't in the area, (without asking me anything) so he booted me from the group.
I love his lack of "intelligent" and his "decision" on where I belong and so on without even asking for any knowledge.
So before you act like a "uninfomred" person, it might do you some good to have a little bit of knowledge, ask questions, and then make an infomred decision. It might keep you from looking bad.
What would others do? I started a new group that doesn't discriminate against nonfull time residence, but welcomes everyone, even if the are just visting or snowbirds.

This topic was edited
RE:

Great.. I don't see the problem. .as group owner he has the right to include who he wishes.. just as you do now.. This is america.. and this is what makes america great !

This post was edited
RE:

Ironically I spend quite a bit of time in another state, and have property there. I go down for about two to three months usually on average per year. If I can go more I do, if it's less than it's less. I joined a "nudist group" there via Truenudists. I was just disinvited for joining because the creator decided I wasn't in the area, (without asking me anything) so he booted me from the group. I love his lack of "intelligent" and his "decision" on where I belong and so on without even asking for any knowledge. So before you act like a "uninfomred" person, it might do you some good to have a little bit of knowledge, ask questions, and then make an infomred decision. It might keep you from looking bad. What would others do? I started a new group that doesn't discriminate against nonfull time residence, but welcomes everyone, even if the are just visting or snowbirds.

Looking at it from his point of view.

If you want your group to be a place where people from a particular area, can find
others within travelling distance of each other, and so make real life friends, you
don't want to have hundreds of members from all over the world, gumming up the
works and defeating the object of the group.

This is exactly what happened with my group, so I just explained in the description
and an Eligibility post, that if you lived far away, but had a connection with the area,
or visited often, to write and tell me and I would of course let them in.

If he did not set the group to "Membership by approval" he has probably had to
deleted hundreds, and I don't blame him for not writing to all of them.

I suggest that you write to him, explain your situation, and I'm sure he will let you back in.

This post was edited
RE:

"This is what makes America great"? When you don't have all the facts and you base your decision on what you think you know? Really? Good luck to you.

This post was edited
RE:

Ironically I have about 200 friends in the area, that I still keep in contact with. We do get together, we do go out to eat, we do have parties. I am sure the people from Ohio who trek to Flordia for the winter do the same thing. Also those with beach houses elsewhere are able to keep up with neighbors and friends. I don't see limiting things by the idea that people are not within a 30 mile radius at all times.
Common sense would lead me to believe that you want a large group so that more people get to meet more people. Why limit? It's their right, but common logic is missing.

This post was edited
RE:

Well the best thing for you to have done would be to have sent a message to the group creator. It's not something you can really complain about, perhaps he only wants people in his group who are close enough to see each other on a regular basis.

Fortunately we have this thing called freedom of association. I'm sure that if the group creator decided you don't fit into that particular group, there are thousands more to choose from.

But really, you should take this up with the group creator, it's sort of childish to call someone out on the forums and attempt to publically humiliate them without first making attempts to even find out the real cause.

This post was edited
RE:

at least it's not a women's group for women only with the membership made up of only men.

This post was edited