Manitoba Locations

Please post Manitoba locations here

This topic was edited
RE: Manitoba Locations

Crocus Grove and Beaconia Beach are in a state of flux at present. If and when information as to their continuance becomesavailable I will post it.

This post was edited

Crocus Grove is no longer in existance. Thanks to hard work and dedication the members have purchased land and re-organized as Naturist Legacy. See Naturist Legacy below for information.

This post was edited

NATURIST LEGACYhttps://www.naturistlegacy.org/

Naturist Legacy
PO Box 1955 Stn. Main
Winnipeg MB R3C 3R2
(204) 265-3469 (voicemail)
e-mail info@naturistlegacy.org

This post was edited
RE: Beaches

Manitoba has 2 nude beaches side by side separated by a causeway on Lake Winnipeg. The very north end of Patricia Beach in Patricia Beach Provincial Park and the south end of Beaconia are both nude.
Beaconia is out of commission for now due to high water level in Lake Winnipeg.

This post was edited

Hi Ken, Just a little more information about Naturist Legacy.
According to my research, Naturist Legacy is unlike any other nudism or naturist organization or resortanywherein Canada.
Naturist legacy requires it "new" members to disclose their intentions of being members to the local RCMP detachment which may also require anyone applying to have their fingerprints added to the RCMP database in perpituity. This legacy board decision setsthem apart from any othernudism/naturist resort or club anywherein the country.
The greivance is thatsubjecting people to this civil liberties atrocity now assocites thelife time citizenwith those involved in nefarius activites, it is guilt by association for the rest of the applicants life. The other concern is that fingerprinting is far from accurate and a common conventional wisdom fallacy is that it is foolproof,when time and time again the police services printmatches fail under real scrutiny.It paints everybody with a fear of the unknown induced broad brush without any statisticalbenchmark to warrant such action.It is every non criminal Canadians rightto remain out of thepolice servicesdatabase.Some hire attourneys and file suitto have theirs printsrightly removed, why would anyone volunteer what could be wrongly used against them at a later date?
Back to the park
The park is slowly coming along but any new member will be required to clear their own densely bushed and treed site. One person at the park it appears steers all policy and if you can live with very compartmentalized narrow vision of what the world should look like as well asbeing in servitude then you should get along just fine.
The sites are narrow and in close proximity so do not expect much privacy or quiet time. The washroooms are now being constructed, there is running water, and most grandfathered members thatwere allowed to escapepolice database scrutinyhave 15 amp power via long extension cords to their sites.
We wanted very much to be part of Legacy but will not be the exception to the rule regarding Naturism in our nation. Its too bad for us and anyone else who believes in the fundamentals of human rights.
In closing it is my opinion that legacy will never ever be a Crocus Grovebecause the leadership largely lives in fear of the unknown and this repulses those who embrace what comes ie the younger people.Itappears thatthe older you get, the less you are able to lead anyone into the future.
Take care Ken, Jimskin

This post was edited

The reality is that a fingerprint submission means that RCMP and law enforcement from around the world will be working feverishly to match what you provided them with crime scene and cold case samples . It means a life of unbeknown police scrutiny.

This post was edited

The reality is that a fingerprint submission means that RCMP and law enforcement from around the world will be working feverishly to match what you provided them with crime scene and cold case samples . It means a life of unbeknown police scrutiny.I know this is an old posting but I have to interject for a moment. Jimskin seems to be a bit confused about how Criminal Record Checks are conducted in Canada. Jimskin is correct in that fingerprints may (or may not) be required to complete a Criminal Record check in Canada but fingerprints provided for this purpose are used exclusively to verify identity and are destroyed after the search is completed. They are NOT kept by the RCMP and are not run against some mythical database of unsolved crimes. I think someone has been watching a bit too much CSI. In fact, a great many criminal record checks don't require fingerprints at all.
I agree that some organizations place too much weight on the results of a criminal record check but it is one tool that is increasingly used by employers and volunteer organizations. The check is not infallible and does not claim to be perfect.
In most cases, fingerprints are only required to complete a criminal record check if there are convictions from a different jurisdiction or if a Vulnerable Sector Check is being conducted and a name/birthdate match has come up on the Pardoned Sexual Offender Database. In Canada, no one notifies the police when someone legally changes their name. In the past, it was easy to change your name and then get a clean criminal record check which is why now if there is someone else on that database who is the same sex as you and has the same birthdate, fingerprints will be required to verify that you are not that sex offender.
In my experience the only people who balk at having a criminal record check done are conspiracy theorists ... and people with something to hide. If you did something stupid twenty years ago and don't want others to know about it then just get a pardon. It's a pain in the butt and the cost keeps going up but that will ensure you have a clean criminal record when the time comes.

This post was edited

Glad to hear Patricia is still active and with a mixed demographic.

Was contemplating popping out last wk. for first return in 10yrs with the weather being soooo warm. But concerned more of how the water quality is.. in my mind not much fun going beachside, when the bod' would really require a rinse off .... after the cool down dip :)

This post was edited
RE:Manitoba Locations

Mid June might be a little on the chilly side for the water, it is on the big lake. The beach should be fine, however I usually am not headed there until July and August. Mid June ne you should still see people there on the weekends.

This post was edited