to tell a friend or not to tell a friend...

I'm trying to figure out how to tell a new friend that I'm a nudist. Here is the situation. I have now been renting out my spare room to guests on www.airbnb.com and I have found a guy that wants to rent my room when his place is being rented on the same site - he's rented from me before and I usually stay clothed out of respect. He's stayed with me probably 5 times now and I'm always clothed. He'll be renting from me for sure in the future. OH, btw, he's Straight and 26 years old, but totally okay with me being Gay, has NO issue with it whatsoever. :-)Well, recently, he's stated that he doesn't mind if I rent the room while he's here, and he wouldjustsleep in my room - I offered my bed at first and that I would sleep on the floor. Well, this creates two problems. I sleep naked, he sleeps in boxers, shorts and a t-shirt. He's gotten more relaxed about changing his clothes around me over the last few weeks... He won't fully get naked around me, but he will change from work clothes to his sleep clothes in front of me. He's not overtly shy, but nor is he an exhibitionist either. If he is going to be staying with me more often, I want to feel okay about walking around the house naked, sleeping, walking from shower to room naked, etc..How do I broach this subject with him? Should I start slow and say I sleep naked? or??? Please Help! Oh, and he's also becoming a really dear friend so I don't want tojeopardizethat in any way.
Thanks

This topic was edited
RE: to tell a friend or not to tell a friend...

As I understand it, its a bit complicated situation... I see that you only know this man from a few days and as you say he have no problems with change his clothes in front of you, maybe due he is use to be naked around other men in locker rooms... or maybe not, but if you think about it, it is not usuall to find a man who change or get undressed to underwear in front a strange man without problems... and more if he know the other man is gay... the most commom act will be change himself in the bathroom or other place where he can have a bit of intimity... but if he by his own have this lack of this kind of intimity may be he wont have problems with have a nudist roommate... you have to be sure that you want to stay naked IN YOUR OWN HOUSE, because at last he is only a man that rent you a room... but if you have some kind of feeling further than a friendship you will be in a trouble if he is really a straight man...
Talk about nudist beaches, you live in CA most of people know about nudist life stile in this area... start to sleep naked without give any importance... get out from bathroom with a towel or go around the house covered only with towel... but all you do, do it without any kind of flirting or maybe he get scared

This post was edited

Link to duplicate post.... trying to figure out

This post was edited

Tell your friend that you are a nudist...Its nothing to be ashamed of. Also tell him that you have been clothed on his account, that when he's not there, you are completely naked. Ask him what he would be comfortable with. He might surprise you and say...sure be naked. Maybe he his hiding his nudity from you. Discuss it, this won't come between your friendship as long as there is mutual respect between both of you. Good luck!! and if you have anymore brunches or want a naked bud to hang out with by the pool...please contact me.. I am really in need of some naked pool time.. Hugs, Raven

This post was edited

I can't see any big deal about telling friends, that I'm a nudist and it's being my lifestyle, that I'm living at home naked, even if in a share situation, going to nudist beaches, skinny dipping, nude bush hiking, nude driving, naked yoga....and so what?...It can be either accepted for it, or not. The important thing is, I'm feeling good about myself.

This post was edited

I've told all "my" friends and haven't had one that had a problem with it. If I were in your shoes ... I'd be upfront and honest. The problem I see is two things; 1) he accepts your nudism or he doesn't, 2) he comes to live with you or he doesn't. You can curb your way of life but are you willing to live with someone that is against your way of life and will not tolerate it at all? If the stay is short term ... you can probably curb it for a short time but if it's long term ... is that something you're willing to do for a long period of time? We have a similar issue we may be confronted with but ... I have 3 clubs within 45 mins of our driveway and I can always get away ... but I would still tell those coming to live that this is who we are and what we do, but that we will be respectful of them as long as they respect us in return. They will either come and stay or they won't.

This post was edited